Am i lucky or unlucky

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I suspect that after asking those questions all will go quiet. The problem is all the backstabbing in the background.

My skin is so thick now after all the bullxxxx, but how do you separate the bullxxxx from the truth.

Edited by stevewool
added more

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, stevewool said:

My skin is so thick now after all the bullxxxx,

Scratching Head.jpg sure it is mate we hear You, really, we do But :571c66d400c8c_1(103): We just don't seem to have the answers you want to hear ( well them anyway)

• Thanks 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Gary that is so True, here in the PI, 50,000 is well above the normal Budget But :571c66d400c8c_1(103): The back stabbing well? Steve is a foreigner so he can afford it, Time to say that big NO  And mean it :whistling: In the ME many things are tax free as well as the Free things the sister gets, WTF. Living beyond their means comes to mind :huh: I guess the car payment is included in the amount needed?

Steve, Sorry but! it is what it is extortion from the family. Think on my Friend:wink: Harsh  maybe  But:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

The truth sometimes hurts , but you learn from it, Emma is still upset about it, but we are here in the west where you have to work to get a better life not the east where you have to have a Westerner in the family to have a better life.

I must add this , not all Filipinos are like this, its only my experiences that i am talking about .

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg sure it is mate we hear You, really, we do But :571c66d400c8c_1(103): We just don't seem to have the answers you want to hear ( well them anyway)

Thanks Jack, you do have the answers that many of my friends are giving me.

I have been there to help when the time is needed and i am sure i will be there again in the future, but my life and if Emma is wanting her life with me we shall be fine , with or without the family that is one thing i am very sure off.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, stevewool said:

not all Filipinos are like this, its only my experiences that i am talking about .

Steve, you would be surprised maybe to learn that you are Not on your own here, many have the same problem, The answer really is not to be or announced as a Rich type, sometimes keeping your head down can be construed in many ways :whistling:

Just saying :wink:

• Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Steve, you would be surprised maybe to learn that you are Not on your own here, many have the same problem, The answer really is not to be or announced as a Rich type, sometimes keeping your head down can be construed in many ways :whistling:

Just saying :wink:

I've learned over the many years of my marriage to not "loan" money to any of my wife's relatives.  What I've done in a few occasions is to give them money in dire emergencies.  I've also given them money to start businesses or to get a job.  Give a man a fish you feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish you feed him for life.

My wife knows and understands that to keep giving her family money your just enabling them to be dependent upon us.  Your wife's sister sounds like she makes enough money to support her family.  She probably needs to budget better.  Say no and tell that lazy ass husband to get a job.  

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish you feed him for life.

I Totally agree yet I can disagree at the same time, 2/3  years ago  I funded a bake shop and put a BIL in to learn the business. He did not like the 4 am start so swung the lead so much I outed him, Pronto, of course I was the bad man, Yet a neighbour asked to have a Job as he had done bread baking before, Great and he is still there now as manager, Families are just to reliant on us. We have to stand our ground. I now use this instance as a Yardstick :smile: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

My Brothers and sisters here in England are just as bad and dont get me started on the nieces and nephews , but they all know where they stand with me, yes i have helped them out and they have helped me out too, but we all pay our debts back with thanks, and here lies the problem they think that somehow they dont have to pay you back and if they take there time well you may forget about it.

I have borrowed to the sisters and have got it back but never on the time we agreed or the full amount, because of the exchange rate " funny you never get more back its always less".

Anyway I watched as Emma sent a message to her sister to make all correspondences to me concerning money as i am the banker and in her sisters eyes maybe the Xanker, i will not hold my breath for a response from her sooner or later.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

School fees for the Kids back in the Philippines is all Emma is getting.

There may be something to that or it may be a load of horse manure.

Its March.  School is closing for the Philippines school "summer break".  So no school fees will be needed until May UNLESS someone has to take tests that require the past years school fees to be paid up to date, (some schools will let the kids get behind in their school fees knowing that they ain't gonna graduate until the year's fees are paid), OR if someone is graduating then there is the normal graduation party with expensive clothes and party.   I strongly suspect the former.  They could very well have been delaying paying the school fees all year and now its urgent if the kid(s) want to graduate.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

I have been there to help when the time is needed and i am sure i will be there again in the future

Anyway did you get the 50k sent off today while the rate is good :mocking:

• Haha 3