Translated story or bad journalism? Students see ghost

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have to wonder about this story. Translated from another language or chief editor drunk at the press?  :89:

School students in the Philippines have seen the Ghost of a bloody woman

Students from the school in Palawan in the Philippines was suspended after several students became “obsessed with the evil spirit.” The children began to say that they see the Ghost of a woman, which was all covered with blood.

It all happened early in the morning last Thursday during a lesson. Affected by the evil forces of the children immediately sent classes to the Catholic Church, to reassure them in case of deterioration of the spent on them the rite of exorcism. Information about the incident told Centred Calamba, which was associated with the school Director, Vicente Suddenly.

He told reporters that at first only the two children began to say that they see a bloody Ghost, but then they became much more. In addition, students began to behave strangely, which gave occasion to others to speak about their obsession with the evil forces. Teachers and members of school management greatly frightened the behavior of the children, especially the strange language in which they started to talk.

Possessed children also said that bloody Ghost always wants to come to know him better. Before the children were sent to the Church, the school and the priests contacted their parents and got their permission to the right to give affected children a sedative to calm them down. After the children recovered, it was decided that the worst is over and they were allowed to take home.

Other classes that day were released from classes and sent home, because teachers are afraid that other children will become obsessed. Repeated afterwards the incident and how to handle affected children the next day, not reported.

http://micetimes.asia/school-students-in-the-philippines-have-seen-the-ghost-of-a-bloody-woman/

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Other classes that day were released from classes and sent home,

This is not a new phenomenon, and my daughter tells me it is often used to cover staff shortages. Say no more.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

There's a blurb at the bottom of one of the MICE pages that touts the site's expertise and says "Greetings from Singapore/Bangkok". Cursory searches lead to the same story on one more site that has Russian or Eastern European words on it and summarised on a "ghostbuster" site in English. I'm going to go with "fake news". 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I can’t speak to the validity of this poorly translated story but we read newspaper articles once a year or so along those lines.

Is it mass hysteria a prank or cover up or something out of this world?  👻

Honestly I believe humans may become possessed by demons or something evil. There is a long history of “possession” in Philippines and experienced Filipino Priests are held in high regard in the Catholic Church.

On the other hand could have been bad weed.😵

• Haha 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted

You'll find a lot of older PI's believe in the afterlife, goblins and little people,( not dwarfs.) Personally I don't knock them for their beliefs, I like to hedge my bets, just incase. Ask an older PI about the apology you're supposed to offer before peeing on the open ground, you'll be surprised how many times you miss dribbling on them if you offer the apology. :mocking:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Reading that made my head hurt. :89:

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Reading that made my head hurt. :89:

Put garlic in your pocket, wards off headaches, that's another superstition. :hystery: Don't believe me, ask the PI's.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Clermont said:

Put garlic in your pocket, wards off headaches, that's another superstition. :hystery: Don't believe me, ask the PI's.

It's barley teabags in each armpit. Garlic in your pocket wards off Eat Bulaga hosts. :smile:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JDDavao said:

It's barley teabags in each armpit. Garlic in your pocket wards off Eat Bulaga hosts.

That dumb show could explain the Demon possession phenomenon Jason! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 3/4/2018 at 6:21 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

School students in the Philippines have seen the Ghost of a bloody woman

Maybe they were watching the Grimm TV show on Netflix on their tablets instead of doing their school work. :computerrage_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2