speeding in uk returning to philippines

Gary Wak
Posted
Posted

hi lads i was done speeding by one cameras in uk  while haveing a break there,   will they try get in touch with me when i return to philippines  any one else had same problems .  thanks

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I don't know how it works in UK, but in the part of Canada where I am from, the camera records the license plate number of the car and sends the ticket to the registered owner.  When driving a rental car the rental company would ding you on your credit card.  Whoever the car owner is will not be able to renew the registration or sell that car or renew his/her drivers license without paying the fine.

I got hit big time when I came here as the ex was driving my car (supposed to put it in her own name but did not) and she ran all the speed cams and red light cams she could.  It hurt me as I could not renew my driver's license in that province without paying the fine (but it does not matter as I have a Philippine license now).  It hurt her as I let the bank repo the car so she was S.O.L.

Philippines is Waaaaay out of their jurisdiction so they could not reach me here, even if they knew where I was.  I suspect your circumstances will be similar.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

With Australia if you rack up unpaid fines (say for speeding) then leave the country, well when you come back the electronic passport scanning system can flag your name and as having unpaid fines (depending upon what the court system did while you weren't present).

That could mean paying the fines with a penalty or it could mean refusal of entry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the Uk it is a Civil Offence, so as long as you are not driving a vehicle ( the same vehicle) with a lot of Fines I can't see them doing anything but the next Buyer will have a few problems.

Forget I wrote this as it has all changed it is indeed a Criminal offence and it may well catch up with you at some stage.

embarrased  man.jpg  what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gary Wak said:

hi lads i was done speeding by one cameras in uk  while haveing a break there,   will they try get in touch with me when i return to philippines  any one else had same problems .  thanks

My guess as Dave said is they will send the fine to the registered cars owner. Not sure what your situation is but get someone to open it and pay the fine. Sure beats having problems on your return to the UK at some point in time. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Forget I wrote this as it has all changed it is indeed a Criminal offence and it may well catch up with you at some stage.

The fear in the US would be not the ticket itself but Failure to Appear (in court which would be scheduled if you did not pay), then after losing your case in court (since you were not there) and still not paying you would be in Contempt of Court, which could then result in a Bench Warrant for your arrest. Which would not be a good thing to have pop up when they run your passport on your return. There is in each jurisdiction discretion based on the severity of your offense of course, not to push it that far - but you never know so it is better to just pay it. Damn computers lol.

Same sort of process in the UK or completly different?

• Like 4

Gary Wak
Posted
Posted

sorted as i thought  as car is not in my name they will wright to RK  they will write back giveing my name and address in philippines  so as police man said 99% time they wont even bother chaseing it up to much trouble  catch someone in philippines  ex below

Hire car , letter sent back "recorded delivery " with NIP explaining the situation and company address in Algeria ....mid sahara region he also sent copy of work visa and country work resident permit to confirm he was in fact out of the country

letter came back explaining no further action would be taken

he later came back was stopped nothink .

so looks pretty clear  and like some you i have pinoy license also . so all,s good in sun and on beach just got make sure im not kidnapped and killed now  the uk might not pay ransom pmsl .

• Like 1

Gary Wak
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

In the Uk it is a Civil Offence, so as long as you are not driving a vehicle ( the same vehicle) with a lot of Fines I can't see them doing anything but the next Buyer will have a few problems.

embarrased  man.jpg  what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg

it still is civil but you have think they have serve summons for court if they dont and you can prove you was out country .   if you return to uk and they do arrest you at airport one night then bail easy . means i dont have worry about hotel first night back in uk lol,  if they deal with it in your abcense then not pay it it goes to county court ( add 50% ) for collection again long way send baileff ,  and philippine law enter my home and i will shoot you .

Edited by Gary Wak

Gary Wak
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

The fear in the US would be not the ticket itself but Failure to Appear (in court which would be scheduled if you did not pay), then after losing your case in court (since you were not there) and still not paying you would be in Contempt of Court, which could then result in a Bench Warrant for your arrest. Which would not be a good thing to have pop up when they run your passport on your return. There is in each jurisdiction discretion based on the severity of your offense of course, not to push it that far - but you never know so it is better to just pay it. Damn computers lol.

the system is  pretty easy to understand i had friend visit from usa and he used my motor bike and was done speeding asked for pic and yes a man in black leather was speeding lol  .  so gave name and address of friend  in texas,  speeding was dropped, . 

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

This varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, state to state. Here is a nice Christmas present from Santa in Arizona.