speeding in uk returning to philippines

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Gary just to be clear this forum has strict standards this type of shocking criminal activity puts you in good standing! Well done sir.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Gary just to be clear this forum has strict standards this type of shocking criminal activity puts you in good standing! Well done sir.  :thumbsup:

Personally Im confused. If the OP was the one speeding then he should just clear it up and pay what is due. Lucky the speeding did not end up with the death of an innocent person.  :thumbsup:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Personally Im confused. If the OP was the one speeding then he should just clear it up and pay what is due. Lucky the speeding did not end up with the death of an innocent person.  :thumbsup:

yes in all fairness a speeding ticket is not that much when he is working.Plus no further action will be taken does that mean it will still be on file and they could nab him if he goes back?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Lucky the speeding did not end up with the death of an innocent person.

Agreed.  Speeding with no death means one photo on the speed cam.  Speeding where someone dies means a viral photo on Facebook. :wosautos121:   Disclaimer:  I cannot criticize anyone for speeding as it is the one law I have broken more than any other during my lifetime.  Good thing it did not end up with the death of an innocent person and I commend the person who can "cast the first stone"

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Agreed.  Speeding with no death means one photo on the speed cam.  Speeding where someone dies means a viral photo on Facebook. :wosautos121:   Disclaimer:  I cannot criticize anyone for speeding as it is the one law I have broken more than any other during my lifetime.  Good thing it did not end up with the death of an innocent person and I commend the person who can "cast the first stone"

I'll have you know I'm old and slow. My car may speed sometimes, or more.:whistling:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery: Scratching Head.jpg How on earth did I make the mistake between reading  Speeding & parking Fines embarrased  man.jpg could have sworn it said parking HUH! :huh:

Jack:bonk:

Morning All:photo-109: ( now here is something to laugh at later EH?)

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'd get someone to open the letter and pay any fine due. It's not worth the hassle to try to avoid the penalty IMO.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Disclaimer:  I cannot criticize anyone for speeding as it is the one law I have broken more than any other during my lifetime.  Good thing it did not end up with the death of an innocent person and I commend the person who can "cast the first stone"

Really depends on what speed. Just a bit over I'm sure we all can relate  to but if it was excessive then a different story. In Australia they have speed limiters to stop heavy vehicles such as those problematic Greyhound buses from blowing the average car driver off the road with excessive speeds. :whistling: I forgot once again Dave where your username comes from ? :4617:  :smile:

• Haha 2

jrlee183
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Gary Wak said:

hi lads i was done speeding by one cameras in uk  while haveing a break there,   will they try get in touch with me when i return to philippines  any one else had same problems .  thanks

This happened to someone i know.  They follow the procedure of issuing the ticket to the registered owner.  If no response then it goes to court.  I no show at court then its an arrest warrant.  It gets nasty and depends on what court is dealing with it.  Best to try and resolve it before it gets serious

Gary Wak
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jrlee183 said:

This happened to someone i know.  They follow the procedure of issuing the ticket to the registered owner.  If no response then it goes to court.  I no show at court then its an arrest warrant.  It gets nasty and depends on what court is dealing with it.  Best to try and resolve it before it gets serious

Many times, these warrants are not actively pursued when the case involves something minor, such as a speeding ticket. "Not actively pursued" means local cops don't go out of their way to serve you the warrant. Take for example that you were cited for speeding in the next county over from where you reside. If you don't show up to court on your court date, a warrant will be issued; however, picking you up on the warrant probably won't be carried out unless your name is run through the system in that county. Police officers usually don't track people down to serve this type of warrant.   i have been in philippines for over 3 months now . and not planning returning to uk