speeding in uk returning to philippines

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 10/03/2018 at 12:29 PM, Snowy79 said:

Another thing to be aware if is you can ask for a calibration certificate for the camera and also photographic evidence.  The photo will be from the rear and not show the driver.  By law you must know who is the driving the vehicle and also that it is insured for the person driving. In the off chance that maybe you or your wife could have been driving it that day write a letter explaining this. Accept that it could have been either you or your wife and explain that you are now living in the Philippines and either one of you is prepared to plead guilty once you can confirm who was driving. My money is on the ticket being thrown in the bin.

Everything you say is correct as far as I'm aware Snowy, but isn't life too short to go to such efforts for a speeding fine. Unless it's more serious than we imagine.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Everything you say is correct as far as I'm aware Snowy, but isn't life too short to go to such efforts for a speeding fine. Unless it's more serious than we imagine.

For me a lot depends on the circumstances and location. Where I used to live in Scotland there's two notorious speed cameras. One fixed and one mobile. They are basically cash cows. Located on a dual carriageway where in all my years there's never been an accident and no pedestrian access. If it's in a town or built up area then fairs fair, but these one the speed is reduced from 70mph to 50 mph for a half mile stretch then it's back up to 70 mph. Definitely designed to trap people. 

Edited by Snowy79

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy79 said:

They are basically cash cows.

Not just in the PI then EH? seems all the world got them Cash Cows :smile: