deportation of foreigners

Clermont
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:
46 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You may call it splitting hairs but I get curious about stuff like that and I can't find where Olongapo was ever a suburb of Angeles city.  Can you share more info or links about that.  Its just one of those curious things that is interesting to someone like me.

Well Dave according to a history buff, way back Olongapo was in the province of Angeles. The Americans had a Navel bass in Olongapo and the town became a city because of its size. Mayor Dick Gordon was the insticator, he is now a Senator and he is the one that turned it into a tourist city.

I'm sure if you go to the history of Olongapo you'll find all relevant information. Maybe I was wrong in calling it a suburb, but that is what some PI's call a town in their barangay even if it is a days ride away.

I will scroll through relevant information and post links when I get the information. :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Why do you say he was in Olongapo?  I have never seen anything about this locally and it would be big news.  I also could not find anything on the web about him being in Olongapo, thank God!

According to google he was arrested in Malaybalay City which is in Mindanao. He was jailed in CDO 

After Daisy's Destruction surfaced, an international manhunt was launched. Scully was gradually tracked to Malaybalay City in the Philippines and, on 20 February 2015, arrested. Investigators had six warrants for his arrest,[8] all relating to the abduction and sexual abuse of the two cousins

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Scully

But

Concerns, however, were raised on whether or not the cases will prosper without any physical evidence.

Pallugna said that most of the physical evidence against him, including a computer, video camera and memory card, had been destroyed in a fire that razed the Cagayan de Oro Hall of Justice on January 30, 2015, three weeks before Scully’s arrest.

Authorities got hold of the physical evidence against him when they earlier raided his residence in Apovel Subdivision, Cagayan de Oro City, in Sept. 2014.

Read more: http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/120897/120897#ixzz59gymAsYd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

According to google he was arrested in Malaybalay City which is in Mindanao. He was jailed in CDO 

4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Why do you say he was in Olongapo?  I have never seen anything about this locally and it would be big news.  I also could not find anything on the web about him being in Olongapo, thank God!

Sorry OnMyWay, you blokes have enough trouble without someone getting your Province mixed up with another. Thanks JGF, it was two years ago I saw the doc and I got the places mixed up, just goes to show, the grey matter ain't what it used to be. :4617:

2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You may call it splitting hairs but I get curious about stuff like that and I can't find where Olongapo was ever a suburb of Angeles city.  Can you share more info or links about that.  Its just one of those curious things that is interesting to someone like me.

Dave all relevant info is in Wikipedia, to bloody long to post but good reading. Also most PI areas are covered in that site.

• Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 3/11/2018 at 8:53 AM, RBM said:

For those whom have never been in Dumaguete it can be a bit of a shock.

We were in a resto there on the boulevard some time back around 9pm. The expats there mostly German were shouting and abusive to the locals. It was so bad we just left some money and walked out without eating.

Further have seen many drinking there around 8am, sure its a big minority how ever we all a take a share of the blame. No wonder some locals get upset and start acting in extreme ways.  I don"t believe they are actually able to deport an expat how ever to declear them persona non grata is certainly possible.

The quarry here would be full to the top if that type ever came to Davao. 

• Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

Dave all relevant info is in Wikipedia

Thanks.  I did look there but did not find anything that linked Olongopo to Angeles City.  Its not that important and I was just curious about it as there is such a big distance between the two places that I thought it really strange.  No probs.  Have a great day.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thanks.  I did look there but did not find anything that linked Olongopo to Angeles City.  Its not that important and I was just curious about it as there is such a big distance between the two places that I thought it really strange.  No probs.  Have a great day.

Now if he had said Subic I would have been more likely to believe it. Angeles and Olongapo are in two different provinces.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Clermont said:

Sorry OnMyWay

No worries, happens to the best of us!  

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Maybe for the desperate and broke but generally in this topic we are talking about the average tourist whether the he/she has lived here for years on a tourist visa and decides to disrespect Filipinos or break the law. Im sure they can make it a deportation case.

No this not the case.

I speak from experience as last year I was what I would describe as a victim in which a wealthy Filipina whom readily admitted to hating foreigners tried to have me deported under a false accusation. 

Unless one breaches the immigration act it's not easy to be deported or blacklisted. 

The justice system is entirely separate, if one is convicted of say a sex, or a drug related crime or any serious crime they must apply to the immigration to take action which is not always taken.

As an example there was a well known crime committed last year when an an Aussie was wanted as a suspect for killing and burning  an American, both were known to me, accordingly I followed developments. Even after the NBI issued an arrest warrant he left the country with out problem, through Manila airport. Obviously there was no hold departure order  issued. 

The Philippine justice system works  in mysterious ways?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Even after the NBI issued an arrest warrant he left the country with out problem, through Manila airport. Obviously there was no hold departure order  issued. 

Yes I can relate to that statement :angry:

• Sad 2

• 3 years later...
Tom1907
Posted
Posted
On 3/15/2018 at 2:00 AM, RBM said:

Maybe for the desperate and broke but generally in this topic we are talking about the average tourist whether the he/she has lived here for years on a tourist visa and decides to disrespect Filipinos or break the law. Im sure they can make it a deportation case.

No this not the case.

I speak from experience as last year I was what I would describe as a victim in which a wealthy Filipina whom readily admitted to hating foreigners tried to have me deported under a false accusation. 

Unless one breaches the immigration act it's not easy to be deported or blacklisted. 

The justice system is entirely separate, if one is convicted of say a sex, or a drug related crime or any serious crime they must apply to the immigration to take action which is not always taken.

As an example there was a well known crime committed last year when an an Aussie was wanted as a suspect for killing and burning  an American, both were known to me, accordingly I followed developments. Even after the NBI issued an arrest warrant he left the country with out problem, through Manila airport. Obviously there was no hold departure order  issued. 

Sorry for updating an old thread but there's a lot to say.

Did that wealthy Filipina pushed through by complaining to the BI or any department that could get you deported ? Because when they do, they do have results at the end.

I have a friend who had a filipina gf, he found out that she had a child. Of course, he left her. What she did ? She went to the BI Boracay (staying there at that time) and complain that he had used her credit card. They put him on Watchlist (YES, you can be put on the watchlist WITHOUT having a case filled against you) . 

He tried to leave for Indonesia at Manila airport and got stopped by IO. 2 years later, he paid 300K (didn't want to stay in bicutan jail waiting for deportation) for Voluntary deportation and has been blacklisted.

I'm sure there are many other stories like this.