How the Locals deal with a Disruptive Resident

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We have been and indeed still are Discussing the problems with troublesome foreigners.

Now fortuitous as it seems, I have just had ( well and hour ago) a visit from the Local Barangay Watchman (Tanod) who asked me if I had had any problems with a certain neighbour recently ( I did a couple of years ago but all has been well since) Anyway, it appears that yesterday he was on a bender and was as outrageous as ever, the local police (Tanods) were Called and he was it seems as abusive to them and the PNP when they arrived in a similar situation we have been discussing about a certain foreigner. It transpires that this guy is a well known Drunk and has even been suggested a bit on the issue of his 13 year old daughter. According to the Tanods he was just going Loopy and His best? Friend Stabbed him to quieten him Down. I am not suggesting we follow suit but it highlights that it is not just us (The Foreigner) that can be this way at times but of Course they deal with things Locally as in self Discipline of their Friends and neighbours. I gather that he is under arrest as he lays in his hospital bed and will be charged with Whatever they can after interviews about his behaviour of recent in the Area from those that want to give any support to the Barangay ME? I am like the ostrich with my head firmly in the Ground:lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

Sometimes the Authorities should look to their own as well as  to us.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sometimes the Authorities should look to their own as well as  to us.

I read an article this morning on FB about tourism in Dumaguete.It stated that foreigners as well as locals who are unruly need to be chastised.I cannot find the article now but many people are realising that not only foreigners are behaving badly.Maybe they are realising that foreigners actually good for the economy.It was a well written piece for a change and I wish I could find but there you go Monday morning.They must think well of you to visit and ask if you had any problems with the neighbour in Hospital.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

.They must think well of you to visit and ask if you had any problems with the neighbour in Hospital.

:thumbsup: You know me and the part I try and play in the Barangay especially in our Purok. You have had enough time and beers among the people to know that it only takes one rotten apple to spoil the barrel This Guy is just as bad as they come and was dealt with I tend to think the best way the other guy knew how to sort it out, The visit I think was made because I will stand up when I need to but Justice was served swiftly on this occasion and any evidence I could/may have offered would just make me a target. You know yourself from dalaguete, They know who are the Good & Bad Foreigners and they also know probably that they have their own problems with Locals that in this instance, was Sorted :wink:  

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Ok I have found the article so here it is.

Dumaguete must regulate quality of expats, tourists
By Ely Dejaresco -March 12, 2018
 Bad Tourists in the Philippines
Photo by Flippish.com
Article Top:

NEWS NOTES

DUMAGUETE CITY – The number of inbound tourists both domestic and foreign visiting Dumaguete is ever-increasing by the hundreds almost every day.  Time will come when this city will be teeming with tourists and it might be too late to regulate them.

It is high time our city legislators will come up with an omnibus ordinance regulating the stay, behavior, safety, welfare, security and protection of tourists visiting Dumaguete City and Negros Oriental.

Bad Tourists in the Philippines

HTML5 Icon
Photo by Flippish.comOf course like the sunshine and rain it is poured for all — the good the bad and the ugly.  God is fair. But what we mean is our city authorities, in promoting the general welfare must protect the safety and well being of visitors. Meaning, the so called good guys must be protected by our government from the “bad guys”, be it local or foreign.  The law must not play favorites.  In fact those who have less in life should have more of law.

-o0o-

WE hear of complaints  that there are unruly tourists arriving if not staying in Dumaguete. WE believe that Mayor Remollo might create a technical working group that will focus on the welfare of tourists.

We envision a body of a cross section of stakeholders whom will receive complaints from citizens local or foreign about tourism matters in the City.  This body should be able to lead the complaints to the proper forum and agency for solution.

-o0o-

Better still some civic group might wish to lead in organizing these resident-expats whose stay here might be made more pleasant  through their interaction and if not protection.

In short this body might want to make the stay of tourists here more pleasant and memorable, instead of horrible.

-o0o-

It is an honor to have chosen   Dumaguete as among the top ten best places to retire  in the world.  Almost unbelievable but people say so. And even the internet interactions do say so.

It must be so.  Thus, there ought to be a law to make Dumaguete remain as among the best places to retire .

-o0o-

Look at those sprouting high rise  condominiums and sprawling residential subdivisions opening here and there. This could be the answer to utilizing idle lots to the fullest in the future……less and less  agriculture but more  tourism destinations.

-o0o-

Like who will supply organic green leafy vegetables to tourists if we do not build organic farms? Someone has to supply our visitors and hotels with organically grown food.  So idle lots must also be utilized.

-o0o-

Summer is near and soon our streets, boulevards, beaches and resorts will be teeming with tourists who want to bask under the sun, and to escape their bitter winter. Dumaguete must be prepared for such eventuality.  Even our modes of transportation the tricycle must  now be changed to more environment friendly e-trikes.

-o0o-

Our values and morals must also be preserved.  What is this that we hear about some lodging houses, spa centers, being used as sex dens ?  Our anti- indecency board is now set to inspect these areas one by one to make sure that these are not being operated illegally.

-o0o-

We just hosted the search for 24 inspiring teachers all over the country courtesy of the Saceda Youth Lead of Dave Sac. Congratulations for  many of those kinds of initiative by Dave, unique and good for the community welfare. A blessing for him for not having made  it into the city council.

-o0o-

By the way, when interviewed, those top mentors opined that  many teachers turned domestic helpers are mostly not fit to teach anyway. Second, they also look at income over their roles as model citizens and molders of the youth.

-o0o-

Before we forget, the Dept of Foreign Affairs must  now make it a new policy to  issue duplicate passports and keep the duplicate in their embassies of work,  where domestic helpers abound. So that when they are exploited and abused, they can just run to their embassies and fly home using their duplicate passports and visas. So employers have nothing to hold to prevent their DH from  returning to home base.  This is the easiest and fastest way to solve the perennial reports of DH being abused and exploited abroad.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am not suggesting we follow suit but it highlights that it is not just us (The Foreigner) that can be this way at times

If we go back to the other topic they state foreigners are breaking the law with driving, parking or in bars with underage girls so for the most part that does not suggest they are drunk. :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If we go back to the other topic they state foreigners are breaking the law with driving, parking or in bars with underage girls so for the most part that does not suggest they are drunk. :thumbsup:

Quite, Although the Swede most definitely seemed to be  which is why I did not mix the two Topics, I was merely bringing to attention that it is not always us with Disrespect for Authority and from what I am reading the local will fall foul as well on a lot of Accounts but I hear what you say & Thanks for the input but as I said in my topic, the mans 13 year old daughter has been brought in to Focus as has is his No Driving licence and other Motoring offences.

I make no defence of the man or any Foreigner that can be like this but I maintain that life here is or should be a two Street

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I was merely bringing to attention that it is not always us with Disrespect for Authority and from what I am reading the local will fall foul as well on a lot of Accounts but I hear what you say

I recall the day I was in Cebu court complex to get married. Outside the many courtrooms the corridors were crowded with those l guess waiting to hear their fate for whatever it was they did so I'm sure it is a two way street but as foreigners we stand out more and some do think they can get away with whatever they want. Many are disrespectful and talk down to the locals as if they are better because they came from a first world country. I hear the Chinese are particularly bad for that.

In reality it could be a wake up call for some that we are guest in this country no matter what our visa status. Personally I think that if a Foreigner is playing up and more so if there is more than one in a group then someone should have enough sense to control the situation. 

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Personally I think that if a Foreigner is playing up and more so if there is more than one in a group then someone should have enough sense to control the situation. 

Absolutely and I am sure most if not all members here will agree :thumbsup:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

There is a story from Davao where drinking in public places will be banned.

No more drinking in public spaces soon

Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/davao/local-news/2018/03/06/no-more-drinking-public-spaces-soon-592270
Follow us: @sunstaronline on Twitter | SunStar Philippines on Facebook

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

There is a story from Davao where drinking in public places will be banned.

Good Idea, never had a desire to Drink alone & certainly not in a park drunk in the park.jpg But then some do it all day long and these I feel are the ones that end up in Trouble whether it be us a or a local :huh: 

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1