Help

RBM
Posted
Posted

For the proverbial computer dummy.

Using  my Samsung tablet and taking a pic of a document I down load, E mail to myself. Open same on desk top and are unable to edit same. Spent time with Google something about PDF files and such without success, perhaps there is an uncomplicated way.....For a computer  dummy 

Any help appreciated.

• Haha 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted

First of all, if you took a picture of the document was it saved as a pdf file? If it was a picture should be jpg, bmp,tiff or some such file. You can edit those with pc paint. Pdf's are secure documents and very hard to edit unless you have a pdf editor. Just retake the photo and make sure you save as jpg file type. Send that to your desktop pc and edit with pc paint. If its a text document, then send to email and open on desktop.

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Join the growing trend of us oldies, best advice if it's not a rude task, ask a neighboring kid and give him/her 10 paso's to show you how to do it. You'll be surprised at how computer literate they are. :computerrage_40_anim_gif:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

I use an app on my iPhone called Tiny Scanner, cost was onky a few dollars. I’m not sure if it’s available for Android, but am sure there is something similar. When taking a photo of a document it’s the same as scanning it. You can save it as a .pdf, email it to yourself then use Adobe’s PDF editor to edit it. In my experience editing text on .jpg using photo shop, paint or similar photo editing tool is cumbersome. I could never get the font type or size the same. 

• Like 2

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

Another app you can use is DocScan.  It was free when I downloaded it.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Try a different browser. I've had problems with attachments in emails and a different browser was the solution.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, RBM said:

Using  my Samsung tablet and taking a pic of a document I down load, E mail to myself. Open same on desk top and are unable to edit same. Spent time with Google something about PDF files and such without success, perhaps there is an uncomplicated way.....For a computer  dummy 

Any help appreciated.

Are you saying your trying to edit a picture of a document such as filling in a form? It wont work as you have a picture not a PDF file. Download the file and upload to your computer. Most PDFs cant be edited unless you have the right software. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Are you saying your trying to edit a picture of a document such as filling in a form? It wont work as you have a picture not a PDF file. Download the file and upload to your computer. Most PDFs cant be edited unless you have the right software. 

Yes this hits it, it was a pic of  a document we wanted to edit. Was blue toothed to my tablet an I sent as attachment to myself, down loaded to desk top.

Seems like need write it all out on word.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yes this hits it, it was a pic of  a document we wanted to edit. Was blue toothed to my tablet an I sent as attachment to myself, down loaded to desk top.

Seems like need write it all out on word.

You should be able to use a scanning program that has OCR to scan the words and produce an editable document with the words in it.

The software doesn't work perfectly so you'd need to edit it after but it would save typing most of the page (assuming it's test blocks anyway)

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 3/13/2018 at 8:00 AM, RBM said:

Any help appreciated.

I am not very good with computers in a lot of things so I would buy a ballpen myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1