What?? No Toilet Paper!??

bows00
Posted
Posted

Still haven't figured it out.  But I have used the water spray, with no toilet paper during desperate times - like when I was at the Dumaguete Ferry terminal. Basically used the water spray to clean out my ass, but what's next?  How do you dry off with no toilet paper??

I have asked several Filipina's, but they only end up laughing and refuse to disclose any details.  

I guess I am still a newly to the Philippines...

• Haha 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, bows00 said:

Still haven't figured it out.  But I have used the water spray, with no toilet paper during desperate times - like when I was at the Dumaguete Ferry terminal. Basically used the water spray to clean out my ass, but what's next?  How do you dry off with no toilet paper??

I have asked several Filipina's, but they only end up laughing and refuse to disclose any details.  

I guess I am still a newly to the Philippines...

wash. better take some with you and hand wash alcohol hand cleaner.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

BYOTP

I always carry tissue in my back pocket.  2 packs in fact, because I often end up having to give one to a noob.  Many upscale places in Philippines have tissue available for free or for sale.  But the truth of it is, locals will just use whatever water is available and their hand.  Drying is not always done, or so it seems to me.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

BYOTP

I always carry tissue in my back pocket.  2 packs in fact, because I often end up having to give one to a noob.  Many upscale places in Philippines have tissue available for free or for sale.  But the truth of it is, locals will just use whatever water is available and their hand.  Drying is not always done, or so it seems to me.

Yes drying is noy always done.I have seen many people with wet behinds when they come from the CR.I `ve had to do it myself sometimes.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

They often carry a small face flannel or towel. You can often see it on the back of their neck when sweeting or down the back of a childs shirt.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes drying is noy always done.I have seen many people with wet behinds when they come from the CR

As gross as this may seem to us westerners, the water alone can do a better job of cleaning your behind than pieces of paper...  

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

I also noticed that the stalls that supply you with toilet paper often request that you do NOT flush the tissues down the toilet, but dispose of them in the trash bin.  

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, bows00 said:

I also noticed that the stalls that supply you with toilet paper often request that you do NOT flush the tissues down the toilet, but dispose of them in the trash bin.  

That is because they use a 3 inch drain pipe and don`t want it to get blocked.I went to Greece in the 90s and it was the same there.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, bows00 said:

As gross as this may seem to us westerners, the water alone can do a better job of cleaning your behind than pieces of paper...  

It works just as well as a bidet more hygenic than paper and your finger don`t pop through.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Gary D said:

They often carry a small face flannel or towel. You can often see it on the back of their neck when sweeting or down the back of a childs shirt

I have seen many people using that towel to soak up the sweat from their back but generally the wet hand prints are on the lower front of their shirt or on their thighs. 

• Like 2