What?? No Toilet Paper!??

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Nobody got on this that there are portable bidets are available for behind cleaning. Gives you a wet but clean behind.

I would need a bigger bottle...

• Haha 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Or just wear socks with your sandals.  Cheap socks that you can use and dispose of.

Bad memories of my first trip to the Philippines.  Used the HOT tap water from the hotel to make a cup of noodles while waiting for my gf who was very late.  Two hours later we left a party early due to stomach pains.  Told the driver to find a CR anywhere and it was a mall basement CR which had of course no TP.  I left with no socks or front pockets in my good jeans. :571c66d400c8c_1(103): Fast learner, never leave home without a stash of TP.:thumbsup:

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I was caught out once on my first trip and i told Emma i needed a toilet quick and as we was close to the national museum near Intramuros so in we went and because i knew the toilets was there i sort of calmed down a little.

Anyway when the time was ready off i went into this big room with sinks, and 3 cubicals  against the wall, in i went and did my business and then looked round for the loo roll , there was none, no bucket either, well nothing in my pockets so up came my shorts to knee high and i waddled into the next one  no loo roll but a bucket of water, well i had to wash my :1927_: for the first time rather then use paper, having never done this before other then having a bath or shower it was such a different experience, am i touching the right bit to clean i started to wonder but after a few finger touching areas i thought all was well.

Then it was over to the sinks and to wash my hands , and yes there was no hot water or soap, we live and learn things some very quickly i must add.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'll stick to the...  It takes forever for my shorts to dry otherwise...

:shock_40_anim_gif:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

This topic makes me nostalgic for the good old days when the standard American toilet accessory consisted of corn husk and/or an old Sears Roebuck catalogue.  What happened? The new American dream is to own a Toto toilet -- a Japanese invention incorporating the best features of a bidet and a standard flushing toilet. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What?? No Toilet Paper!??

is the Topic i believe so I thought this was Apt;

Toilet paper.jpg :6:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 15/03/2018 at 11:21 PM, bows00 said:

Do you think that there is a correlation between this and their bad breath?  In my current dating experience, I have noticed many Filipina's with very bad breath.  

I've only managed to get close to one and her breath is bad

intrepid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JJReyes said:

This topic makes me nostalgic for the good old days when the standard American toilet accessory consisted of corn husk and/or an old Sears Roebuck catalogue.  What happened? The new American dream is to own a Toto toilet -- a Japanese invention incorporating the best features of a bidet and a standard flushing toilet. 

I remember as a kid in the early 60's using my grandparents outhouse in western MD.    About 20 meters from the main house.  COLD in the winter and hot in the summer but did have an electric light for night usage.  Although there was usually TP, the Sears catalog was always there for passing time :5795:and emergency use.:hystery:

• Haha 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Is that not a swiss invention? A swiss guy (link german only) invented that at the year 1957 and labeled it Closomat. The americans followed in 1964 and japan picked it up later.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 3/19/2018 at 7:11 AM, Dr. Shiva said:

Is that not a swiss invention? A swiss guy (link german only) invented that at the year 1957 and labeled it Closomat. The americans followed in 1964 and japan picked it up later.

You are probably right as to the inventor, but it was a Japanese company, Toto Toilet that successful promoted and sold the product.  Most Japanese homes have them. It is now found in many public restroom in Japan.  The company found a way to sanitize the water accessory after each use. 

Another popular item is a waterless urinal that is claimed to save as much as 250,000 gallons a year per restroom. I have encountered a few in the Philippines, but the use is not as extensive as the USA and Europe.

• Like 1