Tough decision

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Well guys ,I'm sitting here in my van in Northamptonshire ,with the rattle of rain to keep me company , I've just checked the UK weather forecast and it's minus temperature and snow ,lots of snow for the weekend.

So in approximately 14 hours time I will be in Heathrow airport getting on board a plane and heading to 40 Deg heat in the Philippines

So should I stay and miss the snowball fights or lie in the sun drinking coconut juice ,it's a tough one :hystery:

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

48 hrs and I'll be in Gatwick, just hope the snow doesn't stop the flights like it did 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Gary D said:

hope the snow doesn't stop the flights

Nah, just delay 'em long enough so you miss your connections. :hystery:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

So in approximately 14 hours time I will be in Heathrow airport getting on board a plane and heading to 40 Deg heat in the Philippines

40 ? ,  where in the Philippines are you headed?  A nice 32 and a light breeze here in Moalboal.  Fours plus years now, snow and freezing weather is just a distant memory. :thumbsup:   Although I do remember one bitter winter, in Yakima Washington, when it stayed below -18C for 30 days and on many nights reached a low of -30C.   That was the month that everyone brought in the brass monkeys. :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Mike J said:

40 ? ,  where in the Philippines are you headed?  A nice 32 and a light breeze here in Moalboal.

Current temp of 28 here in Cebu. I dont think anywhere will be 40 but might feel like it if coming from a cold place. 

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Guys ,it's just got to be warmer than cold wet snowy England ,it's been absolutely miserable here all day 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Well guys ,I'm sitting here in my van in Northamptonshire ,with the rattle of rain to keep me company , I've just checked the UK weather forecast and it's minus temperature and snow ,lots of snow for the weekend.

So should I stay and miss the snowball fights or lie in the sun drinking coconut juice ,it's a tough one :hystery:

Make your way there right away.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Guys ,it's just got to be warmer than cold wet snowy England ,it's been absolutely miserable here all day 

You must be use to this crap weather by now.stop complaining.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Have safe comfortable flight.

And please keep us posted on your adventures. If we don’t hear from you we’re gonna send Jake into the jungle to bring you back!

Let us know how many heads will “join “ you for that first meal at the nice restaurant? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1