Posted
Posted

Any suggestions on Health Insurance.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hi Reina

As you said on FB, yourself and husband are moving to the Philippines soon so you are looking at health insurance. 

I also  noticed you are from the Philippines and studied at the  St. Francis Academy, Balamban, Cebu so just wondering where your husband is from as there is no mention of him in your FB? 

Wishing you well on your move and hope we can help. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Reina

Hope your move back to Philippines goes smoothly, plenty of advice here on the forum, just browse through.

No doubt a few words of advice will follow from some of the members.:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Reina Tarte
Posted
Posted

Dang, not sure where to respond, yes I am from Cebu and been in the states for more than 20 years now and finally my husband and I just retired. My husband is an American from Vermont and we will be moving to Cebu next month together with our 2 lovely poodles. thank you for accepting me and I am glad I found this group.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Reina Tarte said:

Health Insurance

What company and plan do you have now Reina? Method to my madness

Reina Tarte
Posted
Posted

Hello Scott!, we have Freedom Life Us Health (Cigna PPO). We are still contemplating of just getting a Travel Insurance or just get one in the Ph for catastrophic events. Our son is still in college so there's gonna be time that we will be staying in the States for couple months and still get covered in there.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Here is an easy way to start Reina, google ....Asian Hospital, Muntilupa...... looks for the "international health center". The ladies there specialize in foreign health plans. We used Tri care and work through them. I have seen other foreigners in there all the time with different health plans. Its worth a shot maybe your current health provider might either be accepted or can be adjusted to fit the Philippines...........good luk and let us know how it worked (if it did) so we can pass on to others the information :thumbsup: 

Reina Tarte
Posted
Posted

Scott! I will contact them and check possibilities. thank you for the advice.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Reina, have you asked your insurance about coverage while you both are in Philippines? Our insurance will cover us during visits but there are some rules to follow while out of provider coverage and documents.

Reina Tarte
Posted
Posted

Old55! yah, we are still waiting for them to get back to us. That would be one of the question we need to ask them. thank you for the input!