Australian NRL football

Leanne Buchholz
Posted
Posted

Any tips on how to watch NRL in philippines? I’m in Panglao, Bohol. Happy to either go to a bar or subscribe & watch at home. Thanks 

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Leanne Buchholz said:

Any tips on how to watch NRL in philippines? I’m in Panglao, Bohol. Happy to either go to a bar or subscribe & watch at home. Thanks 

I'd much rather watch AFL but this is the new official NRL overseas Streaming Video Service link with subscriber packages listed.

NRL Overseas Streaming

I have (as implied) only streamed AFL to the Philippines, I found the the video quality was generally ok to good when I was in Manila but it could buffer or even stall sometimes when I was down in Mindanao.    The internet is so variable that I wouldn't even try and guess how well it will work for you so maybe trying a 1 week pass before paying for a season might be the way to go.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Leanne Buchholz said:

Any tips on how to watch NRL in philippines?

search utube for the channel or network you used to watch it at home. I have found a lot of stuff from the states streaming live, its worth a try 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I'd much rather watch AFL but this is the new official NRL overseas Streaming Video Service link with subscriber packages listed.

NRL Overseas Streaming

As it says, a strong internet connection is needed so the OP should know if this will work where she is. 

Leanne Buchholz
Posted
Posted

Yes, that link works thank you. As you predicted, internet speed is a little lacking, but if I stand on my back deck with arms above my head, pointing slightly north-east, I can watch. Go Broncos!

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

As it says, a strong internet connection is needed so the OP should know if this will work where she is. 

I'd assume that it has similar bandwidth and data requirements to what the Netflix and AFL streaming video services do, and both of those will adjust the video quality to compensate (to some degree) for a slower (or less strong) internet connection.   Netflix will work ok down to speeds of around 1 mbit in Standard definition and AFL will work in 'low quality' at the same speed.  HD will require a faster connection of course.  I'd be surprised if the NRL streaming service didn't also auto-adjust the quality for slower connections (but I concede the possibility that it might not).