Sweating

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Fellow Members

I thought I would share my feedback on a product that has really made me feel more comfortable in hot climates.

Over the years working in Abu Dhabi my job requires me to wear a suit and tie and at the same time have to spend some time outside the office in the heat and humidity. I used to suffer from the odd sweat patch on my shirts and therefore I thought surely someone must have suffered the same and come up with a solution. I searched online and found vests and even underwear that actually blocks the sweat from reaching your clothes. I bought some vest tops and underpants and not only did they work, they were comfortable and increased my confidence in the heat. These are not sweat wicking products, they soak up the sweat stopping it from reaching your clothes.

There are a lot of options but I bought mine from Sweat-Shield in the UK. Now these are not cheap but last longer then normal vests and also they mean my shirts don't get stains under the arms so they too last longer.

I am sure I am not the only one to have suffered in the heat so I wanted to share my experience. I have no affiliation with this company but one more reason i wanted to share this is I also use them in the Philippines when I am wearing dark T Shirts and Shorts and they are awesome. No sweat marks anywhere. 

I intend to stock up with more and keep in the Philippines, unless of course any of you have seen them or similar there already, as won't wear anything else now.

All the best.

Paul

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Do you need to "wring them out" or do they dry when you are back inside?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Do you need to "wring them out" or do they dry when you are back inside?

Gerald

A Good question. They actually dry out because of the heat. You never feel wet under arms or anywhere, it soaks it up and drys out. Check it out on their website. There other manufacturers too. I think one is called Thomson Tees.

Paul

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Now these are not cheap but last longer then normal vests

For Aussies and maybe other countries Vest = Singlet.  :smile:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Paul, very helpful!

I will look into that. There are times I must wear a shirt and tie while visiting I can’t help but sweating in the heat. I’m sure we aren’t the only ones.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

googled them and show wrestling toggs, when I wore these they did not stop from coming, through, 52 years ago. 

marine6357
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What we call undershirts here in the US

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

What we call undershirts here in the US

Yes this is what I mean. mens_singlet.jpg

If I was with my British friend he would say vest so thats why I mentioned it here. :smile:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I wear shirts made by Under Armor. It is what we used in the army in Iraq, and now is standard issue to most troops. Available in many colors and if you search for them they are now made with collars and buttons so they can be worn to most social functions. Pretty much all I wear now. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We call em "wife beaters".

• Like 3
  • Love it 1