Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Electric bicycles are turning up with more frequency here in SW Florida.  I'm thinking of building one  and if it goes well to do one in Fil.  Here you may buy the motorized wheel  and  lithium battery as part of a kit.  All that I have seen come from China although on line they seem to be manufactured in other places as well.  Kit prices run from 2-8 hundred while completed bikes range from $600 to over $5k.  Thought it might be fun to use in town.  Has anyone seen them?  I did not notice any last year but wasn't looking.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gerald Glatt said:

completed bikes range from $600

Not here.  E-bikes start at about 17K pesos (US$325) .  Plus there is a (seldom enforced) requirement to register them with the LTO (please don't ask me to search for the link, it is online and I have read it).

http://californiaecobike.com/content.php?index=branches&cid=&mod=branch&search=E-bike Dumaguete

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

They are getting more popular.The last time I was in Dalaguete they were using them on pedicabs,Progress haha.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Has anyone seen them? 

They are using E-Bikes in Bacolod and District as Tricycles. They are lightweight and very slow that in some cases dangerous, As a solo machine I can see the novelty and advantages but you will not be going Far or fast on one. Our neighbour had one but the batteries let him down constantly. He said that as the battery got worn his Electric Bill skyrocketed due to Charge time of bad and/or Old batteries

• Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

They are using E-Bikes in Bacolod and District as Tricycles. They are lightweight and very slow that in some cases dangerous, As a solo machine I can see the novelty and advantages but you will not be going Far or fast on one. Our neighbour had one but the batteries let him down constantly. He said that as the battery got worn his Electric Bill skyrocketed due to Charge time of bad and/or Old batteries

Might be the batteries on youtube reviews the lithium are getting 30-50 km per charge and without pedaling, speed here is governed at 20mph. 35kph can be higher but would cut into range. Would like something to get me 5 km or so for coffee and not worry about a place to park. No point in investing the price of a cheap scooter ($3-400) if not practical there. Thanks for the heads up.

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Bayawan (NegOr) sems to have e-bikes as tricycles. But I assume they use either a stronger version of e-bicycles or an electrical motorcycle.

• Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

Been in Angeles City last couple of days and seen quite a few of them here. Several E trikes as well, but they were for personal use. 

An Aussie friend who was also here was telling me last night that a mate of his who lives in Subic imports E bikes from China, does the final assembly and sells them. He buys them for around 13k and sells them for 26k. My friend says sales are doing quite well. No idea of the brand or type / size of the batteries in them.

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are hundreds of E-bikes running all around Angeles City. There are about a dozen shops selling them so plenty of selection. It's a mixture of scooters and trikes so something for everyone. In fact my neighbor has an E-bike and drives it to school daily. 

Edited by Happyhorn52
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gator said:

Been in Angeles City last couple of days and seen quite a few of them here. Several E trikes as well, but they were for personal use. 

An Aussie friend who was also here was telling me last night that a mate of his who lives in Subic imports E bikes from China, does the final assembly and sells them. He buys them for around 13k and sells them for 26k. My friend says sales are doing quite well. No idea of the brand or type / size of the batteries in them.

Most are trikes and trikes are allowed in the Freeport, but there are a lot in Olongapo.  They sell them everywhere.  I think CD-R King was the first place I saw them but now many shops in Olongapo are trying to sell them.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Try to avoid the ebikes that have the rear wheel motors they are not very good ,I have a haibike running on a Yamaha motor ,I can get about 75km up and down the peak District on one charge , they basically flatten out the hills 

It's a great piece of kit 

• Like 1