Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

It's a great piece of kit 

Yes maybe in the UK BUT:571c66d400c8c_1(103): we know where we are and if You don't you will soon learn :wink:

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes maybe in the UK BUT:571c66d400c8c_1(103): we know where we are and if You don't you will soon learn :wink:

Yes we'll one is learning , I had to take pictures of the electrical stuff , I want to give my fellow electricians a chuckle back home 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, bastonjock said:

Yes we'll one is learning , I had to take pictures of the electrical stuff , I want to give my fellow electricians a chuckle back home 

Chuckle?  more like :hystery:

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2018 at 8:27 PM, Gerald Glatt said:

Electric bicycles are turning up with more frequency here in SW Florida.  I'm thinking of building one  and if it goes well to do one in Fil.  Here you may buy the motorized wheel  and  lithium battery as part of a kit.  All that I have seen come from China although on line they seem to be manufactured in other places as well.  Kit prices run from 2-8 hundred while completed bikes range from $600 to over $5k.  Thought it might be fun to use in town.  Has anyone seen them?  I did not notice any last year but wasn't looking.

I too live in SW FL and haven't seen many. Of course my kids each have a hoverboard and electric dirt bikes but that's not the same. Where I've seen them a lot for sale is in Ph malls.

Edited by Reboot

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Here in Iloilo we have a few stores selling them (CD-R King was first), but I see almost none on the road.  I have seen some e-trikes (or chariots), but almost no personal e-bikes.  The signs at the store push the "no helmet, no registration, no license" bit... but I have no idea what the law actually is on them.  I would not trust the store ha ha

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 3/21/2018 at 8:31 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Plus there is a (seldom enforced) requirement to register them with the LTO (please don't ask me to search for the link, it is online and I have read it).

2 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

The signs at the store push the "no helmet, no registration, no license" bit... but I have no idea what the law actually is on them. 

*sigh*  OK, here is the article.  They need to be registered and here is how to do it.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/life/01/13/17/how-to-register-your-e-bike-at-the-lto

(Like you said, Tim, I would not trust the store if they are telling you that you do not need to register your e-bike)

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Reboot said:

I too live in SW FL and haven't seen many. Of course my kids each have a hoverboard and electric dirt bikes but that's not the same. Where I've seen them a lot for sale is in Ph malls.

Start looking a lot of semi blue hairs have them hear in Port Charlotte  sort of stealth as the battery pack looks like a large water jug.  You spot them running 10=15 mph and not sweating or pedaling.  must be that I'm thinking of doing (one to keep fit don't you know) that I notice .

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Reboot said:

Start looking a lot of semi blue hairs have them hear in Port Charlotte  sort of stealth as the battery pack looks like a large water jug.  You spot them running 10=15 mph and not sweating or pedaling.  must be that I'm thinking of doing (one to keep fit don't you know) that I notice .

Reboot
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

I'm down in Naples...will keep an eye out.

• Hmm thinking 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Just watched several videos of the electric jeepneys in Manila and spotted one with a trike. 10 passenger 120 km range using lead acid batteries.  Australia or New Zealand company so might work. Couldn't find a price, from the looks   nor cheap