Logic - No

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I find this weird.

My GF works in a call center and she came home early for lunch (1am) and said they sent her for lunch early because the calls are queuing. I asked what's that mean? She replied there getting a back log of calls, queuing. Yes thats what I thought it would mean so I said would it not be better to stay there and answer more calls to clear some of the queue? No because there will be more calls queuing later.

OK  :89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • I'm Confused 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My interpretation would be:  It is a busy day and getting busier so take your lunch now or you won't get one.

You might be correct. My way of thinking is to clear the queue first. 

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My interpretation would be:  It is a busy day and getting busier so take your lunch now or you won't get one.

Yes, and have more bodies later during the high volume usage in order to reduce the hold time?

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

so I said would it not be better to stay there and answer more calls to clear some of the queue?

That tale reminds me of the sign in a cafe window........closed for lunch! :89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Working through lunch and having snacks brought latter and a bit more pay for those days.......Nah makes sense

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
lobojohn
Posted
Posted
On 3/22/2018 at 11:26 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

You might be correct. My way of thinking is to clear the queue first. 

my nephew here is an execc at a call center. his answer is that the cue never clears 24/7/365.. rate of attrition is extreme and stress levels are through the roof. 

if your gf is happy there , appreciate her capacity for stress. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

my nephew here is an execc at a call center. his answer is that the cue never clears 24/7/365.. rate of attrition is extreme and stress levels are through the roof. 

if your gf is happy there , appreciate her capacity for stress. 

Well maybe in his call center but that does not mean all because its not true that the queue never clears to an extent of breaks between callers. There are lots of call center companies here who handle multiple accounts where some may be busier than others or perhaps better staffed which might reflect on their queuing. 

Yes she is quite happy there handling fraud claims these days in a world renowned banking account so she earns more than some other accounts.

• Like 2

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

in a world renowned banking account

ok

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes she is quite happy there handling fraud claims these days in a world renowned banking account so she earns more than some other accounts

Does that bank name start with a "W" by any chance.  Just curious as my bank for many years is sending me email notifications to see if I was a victim.  I was not so I think it may have involved new and/or relatively new clients.