Logic - No

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, lobojohn said:

my nephew here is an execc at a call center. his answer is that the cue never clears 24/7/365.. rate of attrition is extreme and stress levels are through the roof. 

if your gf is happy there , appreciate her capacity for stress. 

Exactly.   I worked in a call center in the states years ago - tech support (back when Windows XP was new). Always busy. Always understaffed. Always high attrition rates. Always high stress. Always a challenge getting some callers to follow instruction over the phone.

Ah, nothing like trying to get someone who's been drinking to config his home router to talk to his IP service, then to his PC.  Uggg.... Oh, and then having them yell at you for not solving the problem in less then 2 minutes.  Oh what fun.  Oh, and then how a call like that can hurt 'Your Metrics'.  Yep, management keeps all kinds of stats to measure your perfomance.  Manager; "Why did that call take so long?" Me; "The guy was drunk." Manger; "You know, it takes a special kind of person to handle all types. I need you to be that special person."  Haha. Resume updated always ready to go. Moved on, to say the least.

Edited by CoffeeRulzMe
  • Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Does that bank name start with a "W" by any chance.  Just curious as my bank for many years is sending me email notifications to see if I was a victim.  I was not so I think it may have involved new and/or relatively new clients.

No. Dont know what that bank is. What she does is handle call like when someone believes a transaction on their credit card is wrong such as often people sign up for something online not reading that they are subscribing and will be debited each month. Her job in that case is determine if it is wrong and to provide a credit or to pass it on to the next level.

RBM
Posted
Posted

If anybody ever questions logic here well they have not been here long enough.....

• Haha 3

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

Exactly.   I worked in a call center in the states years ago - tech support (back when Windows XP was new). Always busy. Always understaffed. Always high attrition rates. Always high stress. Always a challenge getting some callers to follow instruction over the phone.

Ah, nothing like trying to get someone who's been drinking to config his home router to talk to his IP service, then to his PC.  Uggg.... Oh, and then having them yell at you for not solving the problem in less then 2 minutes.  Oh what fun.  Oh, and then how a call like that can hurt 'Your Metrics'.  Yep, management keeps all kinds of stats to measure your perfomance.  Manager; "Why did that call take so long?" Me; "The guy was drunk." Manger; "You know, it takes a special kind of person to handle all types. I need you to be that special person."  Haha. Resume updated always ready to go. Moved on, to say the least.

yep.. thats the reality im familiar with and conveying, though not intimately like yourself.. my condolences and congrats on surviving it all. 

i might have been one of those callers that night.. you didnt happen to work out of nova scotia did you? hahahahaha  omg

• Like 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

ps.. i still have and use XP... hate windows 10

• Like 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, lobojohn said:

ps.. i still have and use XP... hate windows 10

At least update to Windows 7.  XP hasn't been supported in almost a decade😂😂

• Like 1

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Mike J said:

Does that bank name start with a "W" by any chance.  Just curious as my bank for many years is sending me email notifications to see if I was a victim.  I was not so I think it may have involved new and/or relatively new clients.

Are you sure that these emails are genuine? Usually these type of messages are so-called phishing emails, eg they want you to click on a link, which will lead you on fake site (looking exactly like the original), where you will be asked to enter your credentials. I’ve never heard of a bank contacting their customers by email concerning fraud, that sounds very suspicious. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, KurtVD said:

Are you sure that these emails are genuine? Usually these type of messages are so-called phishing emails, eg they want you to click on a link, which will lead you on fake site (looking exactly like the original), where you will be asked to enter your credentials. I’ve never heard of a bank contacting their customers by email concerning fraud, that sounds very suspicious. 

Good point.  Yes they are real.  This is Wells Fargo bank that got it a lot of trouble for creating additional accounts without customer consent.  They then used the accounts to generate fees.  They were hit with a billion dollar penalty and were also found guilty in a couple of class action lawsuits.

• Like 1

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
On 7/4/2018 at 4:05 PM, lobojohn said:

yep.. thats the reality im familiar with and conveying, though not intimately like yourself.. my condolences and congrats on surviving it all. 

i might have been one of those callers that night.. you didnt happen to work out of nova scotia did you? hahahahaha  omg

Nauh, not Nova Scotia. Was Texas. Had many jobs over the years. Some, I just walked away from without having one lined up. Some, got layed off from (during dotcom bust - was to hardest period for me). Was lucky enough to find a job quick outside of recession periods - well, most of the time.