The right fit

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

SM department store have an area dedicated to big clothing and plenty of very large stuff there. I forget the name of what they call it but it's right near an entrance in the SM department store. 

Thanks will check next trip. Have to have a barong tagalog  (spell) talior made 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, codermonkey said:

Its more that they simply don't fit western people, t-shirts are too small and shrink, you will end up with it looking like a tank top with your belly showing.

Underpants are made for midgets, you will feel you are back at school with a wedgie.

Just trying to find clothes that fit will take all day and cost more than the US, better to enjoy your holiday.

Where do you think 90 % of the world clothing comes from? China. Again in my post I said SM department store have everything that will fit a big western guy like me. My UK friend bought a heap of stuff there just recently and I have looked while in the store but have not needed to buy just yet. He is a big guy like me. 

codermonkey
Posted
Posted

I know all the textiles comes from china, but they ship the western stuff to the west.

Most of the stuff in the country is not the same sizing, even if you go to big name western brand stores.

I am not big by any sense of the word, at the time I was 6ft 1in and 32 inch waist. Pretty average for UK male, virtually nothing fitted.

Whatever I did buy barely fitted and did not fit after one wash.

Its down to the individual, sure walk round the mall to pass some time, but clothes shopping isn't my idea of a good holiday, USA has the best clothes shopping in the world, its pretty pointless to do it in PI.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, codermonkey said:

its pretty pointless to do it in PI.

I will make this simple, if you are in the Manila area, go to the SM store at mall of asia, Bonifacio Global city, Makati or Ayala Alabang. There are lots of European men living in those areas and the stores have our sizes. (I am 6-1, 215 lbs). If you are not going to stay in the Manila area, go to the duty free store near the airport before you go to your final destination. If worse comes to worse, go to any mall with a fabric store, buy the material you like, take it to a tailor and have stuff made to order. I will bet a months pension that a pair of shorts or a shirt will kost less than in the UK or the USA. 

30 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Underpants are made for midgets

As we used to say in the Army,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,free ball it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just like air conditioning 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, scott h said:

I will make this simple, if you are in the Manila area, go to the SM store at mall of asia, Bonifacio Global city, Makati or Ayala Alabang. There are lots of European men living in those areas and the stores have our sizes. (I am 6-1, 215 lbs). If you are not going to stay in the Manila area, go to the duty free store near the airport before you go to your final destination. If worse comes to worse, go to any mall with a fabric store, buy the material you like, take it to a tailor and have stuff made to order. I will bet a months pension that a pair of shorts or a shirt will kost less than in the UK or the USA. 

As we used to say in the Army,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,free ball it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just like air conditioning 

I dont know how my name ended up in a quote saying something I never said ?

2018-03-23_074910.jpg

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I never said

I copied it from you answer

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

SM department store have an area dedicated to big clothing and plenty of very large stuff there. I forget the name of what they call it but it's right near an entrance in the SM department store. 

They use to have a different name for it and it was only in select stores.  I bought a few things there at SM Clark.  Now it is called Menswear Plus and is in all stores, according to this:

https://www.preview.ph/fashion/sm-releases-a-plus-size-line-for-men-a1237-20160922

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, scott h said:

I copied it from you answer

:smile: No as I never said that. :thumbsup:  That's Codemonkeys words. Never mind, carry on, nothing to see here :smile:

2018-03-23_084214.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

They use to have a different name for it and it was only in select stores.  I bought a few things there at SM Clark.  Now it is called Menswear Plus and is in all stores, according to this:

https://www.preview.ph/fashion/sm-releases-a-plus-size-line-for-men-a1237-20160922

That article is dated 2016. Only about 6 weeks ago the section I was told to go to by my UK friend which had large sizes was not called menswear plus. I will have to ask him the name. 

Mick
Posted
Posted

I'm 6'1" 115kg, the only place I can get anything that fits here is in Eastwood Manila, where there is a Marks & Spencer but 2 times the price of the UK

• Thanks 1