The Water meter

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Our Water meter was read this morning, We have just come back from the Water district in a better mood than when we went.

The Bill was 23.000+ peso Aghhhhhhhhhh :Mad: meter reader marked us as 1854 with over 800 cubic used. NAH! I said let's go look, so off we toddled to the meter post. meter said 1054, 19 units used. I wouldn't mind but it is a new Post arrangement and I specifically cleaned our meter so there would be no mistake made on reading, WRONG the reader misread by 800 cubic. :hystery: So up came the Supervisor and clarified what we had told them. So a new bill was produced at it's fairly normal useage. Boy did I have a ducky fit when I read the first Bill. OK I know mistakes happen BUT:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by Jack Peterson
Just because I felt the need ha ha
  • Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

On the upside Jack if you'd let is slide, your next few bills would have been in the negative and they owe you money :hystery:  And yes, I live in a place where unicorns fart rainbows :bonk:

It's always confused me why people don't use tank water there, either for laundry and bathroom only or for everything with filters..

But then again, I suspect there may be some sort of water Mafia that would shut down any such enterprise pretty quickly.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

On the upside Jack if you'd let is slide, your next few bills would have been in the negative and they owe you money :hystery:  And yes, I live in a place where unicorns fart rainbows :bonk:

The Customer services said it would have been picked when the reader downloaded and they would have sent out to have it reread so not to worry HUH! but as Tight git (Married to a scrooge) We got in first ASAP

5 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

It's always confused me why people don't use tank water there, either for laundry

Oh! we use a hand pump for laundry, Car & Bike Cleaning so with 5 Adults at home (Us and 2 helpers) 19 cubic is quite a fair usage I think.

We are laughing now but at first I was Sooooooooooo Angry at such a simple job gone wrong HEY Ho just another day in Paradise:wink:

• Haha 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

We are laughing now but at first I was Sooooooooooo Angry at such a simple job gone wrong HEY Ho just another day in Paradise:wink:

It's more fun in the Philippines!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

It's more fun in the Philippines!

sacasm emotion.jpg :hystery::thumbsup:

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

It's always confused me why people don't use tank water there, either for laundry and bathroom only or for everything with filters..

Half dont have spouting/guttering. If they did I guess the dust and smoke stains would turn the water black.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Half dont have spouting/guttering. If they did I guess the dust and smoke stains would turn the water black.

Yeah true.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Half dont have spouting/guttering.

This something I have never understood, we have a relief Pipe from the Gutter that feeds a 50 liter garbage Bin. We use that for Watering the Plants and believe it or not, the Dogs love to Drink that ( it is clean as it is fresh each rainfall) We normally get two Bins a day (depending on the Time (length) of the rainfall) so those people that don't save the rain water are really just wasting Money :571c66d400c8c_1(103): Then of course, we know where we are :wink:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

meter reader marked us as 1854 with over 800 cubic used

All I can say is:  Damn good thing it was not the electric meter reader or your wife would have him roasted on a baboy spit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I had an underground water leak in my apartment about three months ago. My average water bill is around 500p a month and I got a bill for 2,300p so I knew something was wrong. Call the plumber and got it fixed by running PVC along the side of the house (Cost 2,500P). Next months bill was 4,300p followed by an 800p bill. Also found out that the caretakers cottage was getting water off my meter so I'm paying for his water. Netted the repair costs from my monthly rent and split the lost water cost with the apartment owner.