6 Years Ago Today!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

My life is far better now, and much happier with my wife and kids!

Nice to have a wife and kids and be able to stay home and spend time with them rather than have a wife and kids and only see them on weekends due to working all the time. Good plan! :thumbsup:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I left the house for work this early Saturday morning 4:45AM heavy wet snow ❄️ coming down like crazy.

Your decision was wise. I’m really ready to get out now. The money 💴 is suductive but our  time is more valuable as you have clearly pointed out. 🏝

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I left the house for work this early Saturday morning 4:45AM heavy wet snow ❄️ coming down like crazy.

What month is it there?  It is the end of March here.  Springtime.  :89:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes spring was Tuesday, any snow here is usually quickly turned to rain and gone. Like Steve and a few other forum members I need to stop working and begin living.

Retiring is a big step forward and you’ve done well!!! Like you said spending precious time with your wife and children is what’s more important. 

Many members are on a modest budget and have found life IS GOOD living in Philippines 🇵🇭. It’s not all about the money it’s about enjoying life.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Like you said spending precious time with your wife and children is what’s more important. 

Back then, although I was planning for the Philippines, I never would have thought that I would be sitting here tonight in Subic Bay, after bedtime, with insomniac little Leila, watching Cats vs. Cucumbers, while she has the hiccups? I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Side note: She is getting away from calling all cats Blackie to only calling black cats Blackie!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1XrMkAMOUlg4Lz1

• Like 2
  • Love it 2