Philippine Driving License on a Tourist Visa.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

WELL DONE.

As we say, YMMV.  I still have not received my plastic after a year with a temporary paper.  You did the right thing.  Try the simple way first and if that does not work try another way.  Good to hear the simple way worked.

• Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My relatives claim that getting a Philippine driver's license has become much easier. There are no longer fixers waiting at the entrance of the DMV (LTC) offering their services in expediting the process. 

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I said this before and not long ago. My UK fried was in and out of Cebu office in no time with all done for a Philippines licence so really do not know what the drama is about.  :89:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

All depends where one is. Last time my renewal was done in less than hour. This time their system was down, they said it's going to down for a time so go to Bacolod. 

Received paper licence after a few hours in Bacolod as no plastic available, come back in 3 months. Drama started, inside the licence release room was a classic rugby scrum, impossible to even get inside. Some people had been lining since 5am, they release just 100 a day and 3 times this many people trying  to grab theirs.

Went next door to the other LTO office, asked for the manager, sweet elderly woman. Explained situation that I was from out of town and could not compete with the mob. She smiled and had me fill out a form and return at 4pm. By 5 had my new plastic licence. 

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

• 10 months later...
John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

I am going for my annual holiday of 5 weeks to the Philippines, in the past I always thought I could just drive on my UK licence, am I right?? I think since I am going to retire to the Philippines soon I should get a Philippino licence, I know you have to have a medical which should be straight forward, what else do you need to do ?? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, John Chamberlain said:

what else do you need to do ?? 

I believe you need an ACR care and proof of a permanent address before you can get a license now.  But different offices have different rules.  BTW, why are we not using default fonts like everyone else?

• Haha 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

BTW, why are we not using default fonts like everyone else?

S:laugh:me :56da632e94212_1(60):f us like t:tongue: be different I guess:tiphat:

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that Dave Houndriver, I will check it out April, I have always assumed you could drive on a UK licence, since we intend to do a bit more travelling around I do want to make sure we are legal, insured and what ever else we need if we get a pull !!

Mick
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, John Chamberlain said:

I am going for my annual holiday of 5 weeks to the Philippines, in the past I always thought I could just drive on my UK licence, am I right?? I think since I am going to retire to the Philippines soon I should get a Philippino licence, I know you have to have a medical which should be straight forward, what else do you need to do ?? 

You can drive for 3 months on a UK licence here on a tourist visa

• Like 1