Cost of FUNERAL

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Not to sure where to put this so if its in the wrong place please move it.

Funeral cost can any one say what the cost of this could be , minus the party, is there a difference between burial and cremation plus where you may live too .

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Funeral cost can any one say what the cost of this could be , minus the party

This is a very broad topic.  A Funeral in Philippines IS a party.  If you mean what is the cheapest I have ever seen a foreigner put in the ground when there is little or no money I'd say 20K pesos for the box, a one night viewing, the funeral home and pastor's fee, and a concrete hole to stick him in.  9 years ago I saw a foreigner get a pauper's burial for 10K, just a plywood box and taken direct to the pauper's grave-site with no frills.  If a foreigner wanted to get cremated that ups the cost.  50K was the last figure I heard for a cremation.

Hope this gives you a rough idea, but that does not count what it costs to get the body out of the hospital.  If there is a bill to be paid they try to hold the body hostage until the hospital bill is paid, but they can be bluffed if they think no one wants the body.  The hospital does not want it either.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

minus the party,

Steve my Friend, this is the Philippines and the wake is a celebration of the persons Life and the entry to the next level, There is pride to be thought about here also so if  You want to be buried without fuss it would have to be nowhere near where you are living, just a little thought to follow Dave"H's Post, I have buried quite a few here (As in the Financial aid side ) over the last 8/10 years 2 last year and already one this year, average Costs were about 50.000 this time around. I was checking the Funeral Plans not long ago and they go in batches of 20.40.50000 peso but that does not include the Plot which I believe is about 5.000 (Depending on where you are at the time. By our Standards it is cheap I feel but to the Filipinos death is just the beginning of that afterlife (Maybe that is why a lot of the time we think life is cheap here) But Emma I know, will want the best she can afford for you and thus keep up the Tradition of the Filipino People and their awareness of the Death and Burial rites. Hey Steve, if you are anything like me why worry we will not be around to do anything about anything.

On the serious side mate, when you get here you should look into the Funeral Package companies  and there you can get all the details you need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

The familys mother died 2 years ago she died in her sleep at home after a long illness.

The total cost from the Funeral contractor was 35,000 pesos which included a horse drawn hearse!

We had already purchased plots for most of the family inc mine !

And yes funerals here are like a royal wedding sometimes.

And today the 28th was the mothers birthday so we went to a restaurant for a meal

To celebrate and then to the cemetary with flowers and for the photos

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

is there a difference between burial and cremation

Yes one involves heat and the other soil. 

5 hours ago, stevewool said:

plus where you may live too

I wouldn't call either living :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hope this gives you a rough idea, but that does not count what it costs to get the body out of the hospital.  If there is a bill to be paid they try to hold the body hostage until the hospital bill is paid, but they can be bluffed if they think no one wants the body.  The hospital does not want it either.

I wonder how many times this as happened.

• Hmm thinking 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Steve my Friend, this is the Philippines and the wake is a celebration of the persons Life and the entry to the next level, There is pride to be thought about here also so if  You want to be buried without fuss it would have to be nowhere near where you are living, just a little thought to follow Dave"H's Post, I have buried quite a few here (As in the Financial aid side ) over the last 8/10 years 2 last year and already one this year, average Costs were about 50.000 this time around. I was checking the Funeral Plans not long ago and they go in batches of 20.40.50000 peso but that does not include the Plot which I believe is about 5.000 (Depending on where you are at the time. By our Standards it is cheap I feel but to the Filipinos death is just the beginning of that afterlife (Maybe that is why a lot of the time we think life is cheap here) But Emma I know, will want the best she can afford for you and thus keep up the Tradition of the Filipino People and their awareness of the Death and Burial rites. Hey Steve, if you are anything like me why worry we will not be around to do anything about anything.

On the serious side mate, when you get here you should look into the Funeral Package companies  and there you can get all the details you need.

Once i am not here why worry , just like you say.

We have both agreed that we would want to be cremated when the time comes but like anything in life that could change to the other one.

• Hmm thinking 1