Lack of Privacy - Scary!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Take a look at this.  We all know this is going on, but in this context, it is downright scary!  I'm thinking about making some changes.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You  can download your data file on Facebook

FB data download.jpg

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Anybody that thinks they have any privacy online or via cellphones is naive in the extreme.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Info is not that good or they would stop sending adds for MBs and $300k homes.

:morning1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

They check your online activity to target you with advertisements among other things.Key words are also looked into.

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I have my doubts about Facebook's ability to keep track of all that data. Billions of users spend half their day on facebook so they must generate a lot of information to keep track of. Most people I know have 3-5 facebook accounts, and many of those are made up names. How many times have you had an add follow you around for two weeks after you have made the purchase. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I have my doubts about Facebook's ability to keep track of all that data. Billions of users spend half their day on facebook so they must generate a lot of information to keep track of. Most people I know have 3-5 facebook accounts, and many of those are made up names. How many times have you had an add follow you around for two weeks after you have made the purchase. 

Download your data and see what they have from you. :thumbsup:

• Hmm thinking 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Our son warned us years ago to avoid Facebook because the company is data mining in exchange for their "free services."  Realistically, all the media related companies are doing the same in different degrees. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Our son warned us years ago to avoid Facebook because the company is data mining in exchange for their "free services."  Realistically, all the media related companies are doing the same in different degrees. 

So do your browsers and most apps on your phone want access to everything. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Lead a low budget, boring life and have nothing to hide and then you have nothing to fear from data mining.  Or make sure all your fun stuff is done with cash and nothing written down anywhere. :thumbsup:

• Like 2