Our(well her) new house

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I am not used to building techniques in the Philippines.

:hystery::hystery: We can discuss this tomorrow when I show you some bad Shortcuts that we never see :tiphat:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Been on your road 5 times in the last 2 days, still haven't figured out where the new house is LOL.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Been on your road 5 times in the last 2 days, still haven't figured out where the new house is LOL.

I will show you sometime.My wife has chosen the roofing sheets,floor tiles and bathroom ware.She still asks me questions like what colour tiles and what kind of roof are we having.I told her well you chose the stuff you should remember no chance haha.

• Haha 2

lobojohn
Posted
Posted

the single most important thing is that youre happy with the work. any builder here that goes above and beyond is a rare and valuable builder and is to be commended.

i look forward to seeing the completion pictures sir.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 5/17/2018 at 9:54 AM, sonjack2847 said:

I will show you sometime.

With all the construction now on Legarda Street, I take 'your' road to visit a friend in Balugo (near the school). Been going more often since he got run off the road on his motorcycle to check on him and help with getting his bike back to road worthy.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

With all the construction now on Legarda Street, I take 'your' road to visit a friend in Balugo (near the school). Been going more often since he got run off the road on his motorcycle to check on him and help with getting his bike back to road worthy.

Yes I see Larry going in to see him most days.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 5/17/2018 at 3:39 PM, lobojohn said:

the single most important thing is that youre happy with the work. any builder here that goes above and beyond is a rare and valuable builder and is to be commended.

i look forward to seeing the completion pictures sir.

Well he has done some work for another member on here who is also happy with the outcome.

• Like 2

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well he has done some work for another member on here who is also happy with the outcome.

great.. all the better right? 

Rooster
Posted
Posted
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, sonjack2847 said:

There are lintels I checked that as it was progressing.They had some crumbly blocks delivered and without me saying a word they didn`t use them.As I wrote before I am happy with the progress and have been checking all of their work and have seen nothing questionable regarding standards.I actually do think sometimes that they go over the top but I am not used to building techniques in the Philippines.

You have the option ahead of time (prior to delivery) to tell them that any block that one can poke a finger through or breaks will not be accepted.

Years ago when we built our house our Foreman made it clear to the block makers to not reduce the concrete ratio. I have seen blocks turn into powder. 

Some purchase the forms and have the blocks made on site. Pay per block made or per day. Google concrete block making Philippines to learn the process. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Update.

The main house is progressing very well.The rentals are still waiting for the final building permit which should be here any day now.The zoning agency wanted us to move the rentals away from the boundary wall 1.5m or split the lot into 2 so we split the land but this took some time and held up all the other agencies.So far so good we should move in at the end of July.We could move in sooner but wanted them to start the rentals before we did.

• Like 3