we had a day in porac before heading to Angeles ,i screwed up there

I bet :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well at least you had a good time and the 3rd degree from the Father didn`t put you off.Keep looking I`m sure the right one is out there for you.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well at least you had a good time and the 3rd degree from the Father didn`t put you off.Keep looking I`m sure the right one is out there for you.

Heaps out there, just a matter of finding a compatable one that cares without to many family commitments. Seem family are perhaps one of greatest challenges so many of face.

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

, it was quite blunt that they wanted me to marry their daughter and support a family of around 20 people

Get used to it if you are heading back, or to another Asian country, that is their lifestyle. The daughter hooks up with a rich, ( we're all rich to them ) foreigner and he is suppose to support the family.

I'm pleased it didn't dampen your enthusiasm for the country or it's people, and I think you will keep enjoying yourself over there, :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:enjoy, but don't :4617:  to temptation.

• Like 2
  • Love it 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We flew into Manila Thursday from Dumaguete to a real tumbleweed moment. The trip from NAIA to Makati we saw probably a dozen cars and everywhere was closed. We went to the Mall of Asia on the friday, again closed but had a coffee at an italian restaurant over looking the Bay. There was a shottish guy sitting at the next table, not you bastonjock by any chance.

• Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, bastonjock said:

we founf out that she pays her staff a pittance 250p a day to wait hand and foot on us ,she also pockets the service charge herself and takes back any tips that you give the staff ,so we slipped the staff a quiet tip

P250 an hour was the going rate for the laborers who worked on our house. 8 hours in the sun... That's pretty much par for jobs that are easily filled and are thought to not require much skill. Quiet tips are the way to do it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JDDavao said:

P250 an hour was the going rate for the laborers who worked on our house. 8 hours in the sun... That's pretty much par for jobs that are easily filled and are thought to not require much skill. Quiet tips are the way to do it. :thumbsup:

Wow $40 a day. nephew got $14 as a welder at the fils bigest shipyard.  You are no doubt much loved and want for no labor in your local

• Like 2