7 Eleven

RBM
Posted
Posted

Just recovering from a most unpleasant bout of food poisoning. Now into its into the 4th day, had it once before due to eating clams, took a couple days.This time far worse.

Narrowed it down to possibly a hot chocolate at 7 eleven, wondering if anybody knows if the dispenser boils the water before dispersing.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Just recovering from a most unpleasant bout of food poisoning. Now into its into the 4th day, had it once before due to eating clams, took a couple days.This time far worse.

Narrowed it down to possibly a hot chocolate at 7 eleven, wondering if anybody knows if the dispenser boils the water before dispersing.

I get coffee there quite often and the water is very hot.Get well soon mate.

Gator
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, RBM said:

Could be they don’t clean the machine or the dispenser’s nozzle properly. 

Get well soon. 

• Thanks 1

TunaT
Posted
Posted

It could be they are not using filtered water in that machine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, TunaT said:

It could be they are not using filtered water in that machine. 

Or the filter hadn't been changed in a while. We were in Manila thursday, Friday and had to eat from the 7 eleven next to the hotel. The food was very basic.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Most equipment imported into the Philippines include a maintenance manual.   Unfortunately, the locals  seldom follow the instruction.  The attitude is, "Why fix if it is not broken?"  Even with cars, the oil is seldom changed.  Same with the tires. You sometimes see vehicles whose tires are down to their inner thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear you are feeling better now. If you don't mind my asking did you take any OTC meds that may have helped? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gary D said:

The food was very basic.

Yes Gary but we should remember that they are convenience stores in the main, Not a Resto:smile:

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Glad to hear you are feeling better now. If you don't mind my asking did you take any OTC meds that may have helped? 

Thanks, no just rehydration salts as impossible to eat for couple days. Pretty hard be 100% sure, finger certainly does point to 7 /11 though, ate breki as always and lite lunch at home.

Now just resting up still, figure another couple of days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes Gary but we should remember that they are convenience stores in the main, Not a Resto:smile:

A lot of them I noticed around manila are having an eating area with a few tables and chairs so they are moving into the mini restaurant business. I had egg bacon and rice with coffee. You could live on it but it wasn't very exciting.