Posted
Posted

No sausage on rollers for 4-7 days?

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gary D said:

A lot of them I noticed around manila are having an eating area with a few tables and chairs so they are moving into the mini restaurant business. I had egg bacon and rice with coffee. You could live on it but it wasn't very exciting. 

Well it is fast food and you get what you pay for here.I had a sandwich in 711 in Bangkok airport and that was good for 2 pounds.It is sat on the shelves for a while and that is the chance you take.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2018 at 1:45 PM, RBM said:

Just recovering from a most unpleasant bout of food poisoning

Good to hear you are recovering.  This is one of the things that scares me, as a low budget traveler, when it comes to traveling around Philippines.  If you are near home and get it then you can rest in bed, drink plenty of fluids and rehydrating salts and hopefully get better in your own bed.   If you are on the road, you have to find a hotel room and have the additional expense and discomfort of possible being in the bukid somewhere.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Good to hear you are recovering.  This is one of the things that scares me, as a low budget traveler, when it comes to traveling around Philippines.  If you are near home and get it then you can rest in bed, drink plenty of fluids and rehydrating salts and hopefully get better in your own bed.   If you are on the road, you have to find a hotel room and have the additional expense and discomfort of possible being in the bukid somewhere.

For every bad example Dave one hears of worse.

Friend telling me his worst ever experience he caught same which hit him boarding a long flight........From my recent sickness its unimaginable how he was able to cope.

Needless to say he had no fans on the flight.

• Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Had once light food poisoning from a muffin bought in Dumaguete and eaten on the ship ride to Siquijor. Had lots of meetings with the loo at the destination. Fortunately was the doctor in Siquijor Town good enough to get that illness cured quite fast.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

food poisoning from a muffin

Good point,  I often buy muffins when walking around backwoods areas in Philippines because its hard to get food poisoning from a bread product.  Seems to me, the bacteria that forms on bread mold is the root of penicillin so not as bad as staph.  BUT they put meat products in some of the bakery items here and that stuff will kill ya.  Be careful what is in the local muffins.  I try to stick to donuts and cake.  Touch wood, I have never got food poisoning from the normal donuts or plain cake muffins in local bakeries of Philippines.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Had once light food poisoning from a muffin bought in Dumaguete and eaten on the ship ride to Siquijor. Had lots of meetings with the loo at the destination. Fortunately was the doctor in Siquijor Town good enough to get that illness cured quite fast.

How on earth would you know where the food poisoning comes from?  Most but not all take at least 6 hours to become evident but so many factors could mean from another source. . So easy to blame a source without  the facts. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

My very first trip to the Philippines I had fried chicken for breakfast before heading to the airport. Waiting at the airport I was just starting to brew up. I must have left a brown streak in the sky all of the way London.:hystery:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How on earth would you know where the food poisoning comes from?  Most but not all take at least 6 hours to become evident but so many factors could mean from another source. . So easy to blame a source without  the facts. 

Back in the UK some people in the pub said I am never going back to the local Indian takeaway,I had the runs all day.MMM nothing to do with the ten pints of lager then.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Wonder if in fact it was food poisoning as from what Mr Google says there is no fast cure. If you remember the medication prescribed please post it as whom knows the future.

• Like 1