7 Eleven

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How on earth would you know where the food poisoning comes from?

Perhaps the clue is in his name "DOCTOR" Shiva?   I thought that meant he was a medical doctor so had an idea what he was talking about.  Is that what you do @Dr. Shiva ?

I find that people who are susceptible to certain food and water borne bacteria can tell extremely fast if the symptoms are gonna hit.  Those of you with strong stomachs would not have that experience.  Count yourself as one of the fortunate ones, JGF.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2018 at 10:30 PM, Gerald Glatt said:

No sausage on rollers for 4-7 days?

All the 7/11's I have seen here are pretty busy so I doubt if their food is sitting around that long. 

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I had a KFC zinger burger for lunch in the basement food hall of the Landmark mall in Makati. By teatime I was aware that sometime wasn't right because I was stuggling to puke between my legs whist I shat myself. I then spent two nights in hospital on a drip. 

• Sad 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Perhaps the clue is in his name "DOCTOR" Shiva?   I thought that meant he was a medical doctor so had an idea what he was talking about.  Is that what you do @Dr. Shiva ?

I find that people who are susceptible to certain food and water borne bacteria can tell extremely fast if the symptoms are gonna hit.  Those of you with strong stomachs would not have that experience.  Count yourself as one of the fortunate ones, JGF.

Did you read my introduction in this forum? I told there that my nick was based on a player character in a no longer existing MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game).

15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How on earth would you know where the food poisoning comes from?  Most but not all take at least 6 hours to become evident but so many factors could mean from another source. . So easy to blame a source without  the facts. 

It started about 5 to 6 hours later after eating the muffin. And that one had a bit strange taste somewhat similar to old oil. 

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

All the 7/11's I have seen here are pretty busy so I doubt if their food is sitting around that long. 

I am sure here they change the food weekly

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jrlee183 said:

Something I found out a couple of years back is that alot of food poisoning doesn't actually come from food, but from bacteria left on surfaces which we all unwittingly touch e.g. door handles, fossets/taps in public toilets, elevator buttons.  Once its on your hands then it can easily be passed onto your system via one of the several hundred times the average human touches their face/mouth on a daily basis.  Whilst the 7/11 probably was the source of your food poisoning it was more likely to be the hot water dispenser handle or the door handle to the entrance that was the culprit, not the water itself.

As a frequent traveler this is my worst nightmare and have had it happen on a number of occasions.  As a result i always carry Imodium, charcoal tablets, and ciproflaxicin in my briefcase at all times. 

Another good tip i got from a doctor years ago was if you ever think you have contracted something like this, you should drink a can or two of full fat coke as quickly as possible (basically flood your gut with the stuff) ..... coke kills pretty much every bacteria going.

Interesting Imodium as everything I read said let it run which makes sense. Even if I had an urgent appointment could never of appeared in that state. Makes sense to me as a novice to just let it run.

jrlee183
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

Interesting Imodium as everything I read said let it run which makes sense. Even if I had an urgent appointment could never of appeared in that state. Makes sense to me as a novice to just let it run.

Agreed, but not so practical to 'let it run' when you are in the middle of a meeting lol .

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jrlee183 said:

Agreed, but not so practical to 'let it run' when you are in the middle of a meeting lol .

This part puzzles me as in my state, regardless of the importance of the meeting from the early symptoms forward just no way could I have concentrated or even been capable of sitting let alone standing.

jrlee183
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, RBM said:

This part puzzles me as in my state, regardless of the importance of the meeting from the early symptoms forward just no way could I have concentrated or even been capable of sitting let alone standing.

Yep, although i guess it depends on the severity of the condition that would dictate my ability to continue work.  It could be anything from just 'bad guts'  to full blown vomiting, diarrhea and fever.  Ive had both and everything in between, and it sounds like you are at the worse end of the spectrum. 

Get well soon :smile:

• Thanks 1