Questions about Davao

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I moved from Cabantian last August and I can tell you - it's changed a lot from when I lived there...  More traffic due to more subdivisions bring built because, hmm...  New malls!  Jeepneys are the smaller version and they pack you in tight.  The fare?  I don't remember but the drivers are honest.  Hand them  a 20 and tell them where you're going and you'll get correct change.  That's why I like Toril for transportation...  Larger jeepneys I fit in and I'm just under 6 feet tall.  And, yes, it goes to the corner by the Marco Polo before turning on Roxas and returning to Toril.  So you are half way across the city.  If jeepneys don't suit you?  Taxis are always near by.  

Swimming anywhere in Davao?  Look for a pool!  There are beaches but over crowded and dirty.  You have to go out of town proper for a good beach.

Honestly?  The next big growth area is Toril.  There are plans for upgrading to larger hospitals.  At present there are a few smaller ones here that are mostly attached to larger hospitals in town.  Ie:. Davao Doctors.  Care here is probably better than what you'll find in town as the staff know many of their patients personally.  Kind of hard to put on the 'i don't care' attitude.  If you want to be near more expats, look in the Bago area.  Gulfview in particular.  Nice resort there too.

The only gym I know if that you might be interested in is in Toril.  But why run on the spot when you can do the beach?  Myself?  I walk instead.  But I warn you...   It's dangerous!  Every female from the age of 15 and up will want you to stop and talk..  lol!

• Like 3

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

With Toril can the same thing happens as like in Cabantian.

Toril was in the consideration especially for the nice Eden area. Two malls, only small hospitals, lack of public transportation to Eden and long rides to the downtown caused me to step it down but not completely removed in my consideration. From the west sector Toril is still the best area.

One backdraw of Cabantian or Buhangin Proper is the lack of a hospital. But at least from the Proper it is not far to the SPMC. Darn that they don't have 2 BR condos in the Amani Grand. Looks like a near perfect location.

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Another question did arisen: How well ist the waste and garbage management in the Buhangin area?

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2018 at 3:11 PM, Dr. Shiva said:

1. Are there decent fitness centers available in sector 3 or 5?
2. Possibility to swim in sector 3 or 5?
3. Possibility to play chess in Davao?
4. Are the jeepneys to Cabantian or Tigatto running 24/7?
4a. Are the Buhangin jeepneys running to Buhangin Proper and Buhangin Public Market
4b. Costs of jeepneys from Cabantian to CBD and actual price rates of jeepneys generally.
5. Reliability of the utilities in sector 3 and 5?
6. Availability of Fibr, Cable or ADSL internet in sector 5? I assume, most areas in sector 3 will have at least one of these available.
7. How bad is the traffic in the city?

1. Yes

2. sector 3 is a minutes away from Samal, specially Agdao and Bajada

4. Yes, jeepneys are available 24/7, its regulated, so price may vary depending on the distance.

5. some areas in Buhangin had a terrible water interruption issues a year ago, not sure if it still happens.

6. Fiber depends on the area, its available in both 3 and 5, but in a specific location. in my case, we have to bribe the pldt tech to install a fiber connection in our area, hate to do it but no choice due to work.

7. Not as bad as luzon, but it's getting worse every year

Go for bobs advice on this one, Toril has less traffic and a developing area, their beach sucks though, but they have mountain resorts. and you may also include Ulas to Mintal area, Mintal is not as developed as Toril but transportation is easy and always available. Downtown area specially in Bajada is getting worse every year, not to mention the flood issues during rainy season due to drainage problem.

• Like 2

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, frozenmystic28 said:

Go for bobs advice on this one, Toril has less traffic and a developing area, their  beach sucks though, but they have mountain resorts. and you may also include Ulas to Mintal area, Mintal is not as developed as Toril but transportation is easy and always available. Downtown area specially in Bajada is getting worse every year, not to mention the flood issues during rainy season due to drainage problem.

Primary I did choosen Buhangin area due the fact that most stuff is reachable with just one not so long ride. From Toril it is a quite long ride to downtown and most time I would need a second ride to reach my destination. A great location for living would be either in Cabantian Proper (Chula Vista) or the Amani Grand. Bad that the one only have 1 BR condos and no 2 BR condos.

How is the waste and garbage management in the Buhangin area?

Mintal will get a mall probably end of next year. Buhangin will get 4 malls in near future. That makes it less necessary to ride to downtown for shopping. And probsbly they will lower the traffic to downtown.

Edited by Dr. Shiva