Health insurance

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, marine6357 said:

So what you are saying is that if I move to the Philippines you can cancel Part B and have them return the $134 to my check each month?

also if I decide to return to the US will there be a penalty for not having Part B for X amount of months? 

And yes putting aside the extra money for future health care needs is a great idea

Under the current rules, Medicare coverage is lifetime for persons 65 years and older. It's 80/20 for hospitalization.  Medicare B is optional to help cover the 20% hospital co-payment and medical visits.  You have to start at age 65 or else there is a penalty if you decided to start coverage later. There is also a penalty if you have Medicare B, decide to withdraw for a while, then return to the system.

Medicare won't cover you while overseas. If your relocation to the Philippines is permanent, why not set aside $134 a month for self-insurance?

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, blkJack said:

I will be living with a Filipina woman who is legally separated.

Apart from the Healthcare, I suggest you look up Threads on relationships too!

Edited by Kuya John
  • Hmm thinking 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

Any advice on this

A lot will depend on where you settle. If you are in a large city with private hospitals, such as Asian Hospital in Metro Manila. They have an office that does the coordination with foreign insurance companies. If you are in the province, with public or small hospitals they might only accept Phil health or cash. As with most things YMMV, I would strongly suggest to either do a boots on the ground looksee or do a web seachI know that the hospital I uses (Asian hospital) has a web page that diskribes its insurance programs

blkJack
Posted
Posted
On 4/25/2018 at 10:18 AM, Kuya John said:

Apart from the Healthcare, I suggest you look up Threads on relationships too!

Hmmm, what makes everyone think that i haven't looked up, read every posting on several boards,  been talking and youtubing many if not all the subjects that you have been kind enough to tell me to read about? I came to this board asking about Dipilog and Dapitan city and pf the expats that live there gor information since I am arriving there in 5 days. Ypu all have  been offering me info pn eveything but what I asked for..... Thanks for your time.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, blkJack said:
On 4/25/2018 at 4:18 PM, Kuya John said:

Hmmm, what makes everyone think that i haven't looked up, read every posting on several boards

blkJack

Have a safe journey, sorry if we wasted your time, the advice came free, regards JB

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 3

blkJack
Posted
Posted

Well thanks for all help and words of wisdom cheers. If you have any info on the area I'm going to that would also be very helpful 

blkJack
Posted
Posted
On 5/18/2018 at 1:22 PM, Kuya John said:

It's all good advice and I thank you for it and the time you have taken to say it. I thought the message was from a different board and

On 5/18/2018 at 1:22 PM, Kuya John said:

blkJack

Have a safe journey, sorry if we wasted your time, the advice came free, regards JB

if I seemed snarky.

blkJack

• Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

BlkJack

Thanks for taking the time to reply as I'm sure you are busy in preparation.

You will find that this site is one of the most easy and friendly ones to be on.

If we have knowledge of any aspect asked, we try to help.

Enjoy your time in Philippines keep a low profile and stay safe regards JB

Edited by Kuya John
spelling correction

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 5/18/2018 at 2:22 PM, Kuya John said:

blkJack

And is well worth the price

:cheers: