Jollibee ordered

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, RBM said:

It is possible and in fact not that difficult to terminate an employee here.

Maybe now, we can understand a little more about the Contract system that is very much used here in the PI. Just do NOT extend or renew the contract, problem solved :wink:

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, scott h said:

IMO this will fall under the category of "be careful what you wish for". The big business men here are not stupid, once the contract system ends so will the level of customer service. How many of us have remarked upon the number of employees at most major stores and malls? I would wager that it was a factor (small maybe but still a factor) of a lot of us making the move here. Being treated like a king. If the large corporations have to pay them a "living" wage the stores will be just like those in the states or Australia, ready to buy and looking all over for help.

As a side note, I have noticed that the locals treat these employees like dirt. They always greet the customer, who normally just ignore them, I always return the greeting lol. I bet these same folks will cry the loudest when they disappear.

Where do I sign up for this King Treatment? Does it include food delivered to the table hot and floor walkers who don't have to restage the Lincoln-Douglas debates when I ask a question? :smile:

• Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

One must go exactly by the guidelines set down by DOLE

If we were to accept this, then we would have to ask why there are so many corrupt BI officials who claim they cannot be fired, and indeed never are, (especially if they are within 10 years of retirement).  You must know there are officials who have been convicted of fraud and corruption but just get moved to a new location.

Now if the government cannot do it to their own, then I suspect you got lucky and the one you fired did not have a good enough lawyer.  But that is just an off the cuff opinion based on your report being the only one I have heard of where someone got fired and it stuck (assuming it was protested through the court system?).

• Love it 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If we were to accept this, then we would have to ask why there are so many corrupt BI officials who claim they cannot be fired, and indeed never are, (especially if they are within 10 years of retirement).  You must know there are officials who have been convicted of fraud and corruption but just get moved to a new location.

Now if the government cannot do it to their own, then I suspect you got lucky and the one you fired did not have a good enough lawyer.  But that is just an off the cuff opinion based on your report being the only one I have heard of where someone got fired and it stuck (assuming it was protested through the court system?).

No a court system is not required. Just follow the guide lines set down by DOLE whom mostly are very fair. Ensure every I is dotted and T xed. If the business is in good standing with local baraungy helps. The employee has the right to appeal in this situation, it goes before a local DOLE head, always an attorney, I have attended once years ago and found them fair.

Dave one only needs to open the sun star to read of cops being fired on a regular basis, I have not read about BI officials. Could be government employees go down a different route, no idea. Perhaps if stringent rules applied how many would be left? 

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, RBM said:

Dave one only needs to open the sun star to read of cops being fired on a regular basis

I acknowledge that you have done it and I have only listened to people talk about it.  You say it works, therefore I'm a believer, but still a bit curious as to why so many Filipinos believe they cannot fire their employees. :SugarwareZ-004:

RBM
Posted
Posted

My guess Dave, it's just a case of poor me the world's against me ......To lazy to simply go to DOLE office and  get facts. For sure there are some crazy draconian laws with DOLE but employers stating impossible to fire a worker simply is not true.

Even if a worker quits on good terms there is quite a lot of paper work involving officidom and such to be completed. Trust me it's worth it to follow through and have this completed 100%

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You must know there are officials who have been convicted of fraud and corruption but just get moved to a new location.

Oh Yes! as did the ACO from Dumaguete that was pocketing yearly report money from 9a visa holders that were about at reporting time, he was sent to Mactan Airport for 6 months then came back to Dumaguete as if nothing had happened  :huh:

• Thanks 1