Concreters and other jobs

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Smart never buy beer for lunch..........or if you do don't look at a level

Always at the end of the day, like the day the pumper truck came to pump concrete for the floor. They had to work all day with hardly a break to get the house floor and front and back patios leveled before the concrete set up. There were a couple of sour individuals but on that day, they were all champs.

Edited by JDDavao
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2018 at 7:52 AM, OnMyWay said:

At my wifes house in Laguna she usually paid "carpenters" p300 a day.

The rate here is about the same depending on how good they are.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Always at the end of the day, like the day the pumper truck came to pump concrete for the floor. They had to work all day with hardly a break to get the house floor and front and back patios leveled before the concrete set up. There were a couple of sour individuals but on that day, they were all champs.

Off topic, but did you have expert concrete finishers there that day or just the regular guys?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Off topic, but did you have expert concrete finishers there that day or just the regular guys?

How do you class an expert?  When I complain about anything my GF says, look around, where are you? Oh 

• Like 2

codermonkey
Posted
Posted

The Philippines produces doctors and nurses that are exported worldwide.

I'm sure becoming an expert concrete finisher is well within their abilities.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, codermonkey said:

The Philippines produces doctors and nurses that are exported worldwide.

I'm sure becoming an expert concrete finisher is well within their abilities.

All the 'experts' are OFW's. Those that remain generally aren't. .

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

All the 'experts' are OFW's. Those that remain generally aren't. .

Yes cream of the crop.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Huggybearman said:

All the 'experts' are OFW's. Those that remain generally aren't.

And those that remain go to the "big city" where the "big money" is.  The locals dream of Manila, where they can make double the wage they are making in the province.  Of course it is triple the cost to live there but they don't worry about that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Everyone in the Philippines is an expert, you shouldn't need to be told that. The land of Jack of all trades.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How do you class an expert?  When I complain about anything my GF says, look around, where are you? Oh 

I see expert concrete work being done on small commercial projects in our area, with very good results.  If you look at the concrete work in most mall parking lots, it is obvious they knew what they were doing and the concrete is very smooth and shiny.

He said they used a pumper truck.  An expert would be someone who works with those all the time and knows the ins and outs.  They also would know advanced finishing techniques to be used on large concrete spaces, perhaps even using power trowels.

The average residential construction worker is not a concrete expert.  Probably the majority of them have never even used a simple power mixer.

Concrete experts do exist here.  Maybe my question should have been, do they come with the pump truck, or does your contractor procure them temporarily?

My driveway was done poorly, and when I replace it with a larger one, I would like to have concrete experts do it.

• Like 3