Update on American hanging

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I could not find the topic on this which I know was posted before so I have to start this new one. Some might recall last year an American cameraman was arrested on alleged child sex charges but hung himself in Cebu detention the same day. Story HERE

Anyway his sister does not believe he hung himself and is hiring investigators but the interesting facts are that he was found hung by his own belt which his sister says he never wore a belt in his life. A second autopsy ordered showed bruising on his body which says was inflicted around 4 hours prior to his death. Also marks on his neck are inconsistent from hanging according to the report so I hope they find out how, who and why this guy was killed more so as it appears he was innocent in the first place with no evidence found.

This is a video of the deceased sisters news report, https://mobile.reuters.com/video/2018/04/05/an-american-death-in-the-philippines-rai?videoId=415085767&videoChannel=1

It is hard to load so thats why I tried to explain the case above.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

is hiring investigators

she is wasting her money

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

she is wasting her money

Probably she is but sometimes you cannot just sit around and do nothing.I wonder what would be said if it was a local ofw.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I wonder what would be said if it was a local ofw.

There would be a huge political out cry and congressional investigations. Because they care? Not in my opinion, but because of the economic importance of the OFW's and the photo opportunities with grieving families. The attitude of us Yanks is more, "you buy your ticket, you take your chances"

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

If the sister is looking for revenge I understand it can be had for 5=10k peso

If the brother is innocent a pity

If not still sad.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

If the sister is looking for revenge I understand it can be had for 5=10k peso

So who you going to blame? 5 or 10 guards, inmates ? police?  She is looking for answers as to why he died since things do not add up.

• Like 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Why doesn't she just give the money to the children he abused? Nobody seems to be talking about them.

Paul

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Why doesn't she just give the money to the children he abused? Nobody seems to be talking about them.

Paul

I think you need to find the original story. There was no evidence found. No complaints, no nothing so it appears the guy was just helping out but we will never know. 

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, PaulB said:

Nobody seems to be talking about them.

Exactly.  What children?  Who are they?  Where is the evidence?  Who came forward to accuse this guy?  I don't know many sisters who would go to this length to clear their brother's name if the sister thought he might have actually done something like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Exactly.  What children?  Who are they?  Where is the evidence?  Who came forward to accuse this guy?  I don't know many sisters who would go to this length to clear their brother's name if the sister thought he might have actually done something like that.

The original story said there was an 8 year old girl in the house when he was arrested and neighbors said he would lure girls into the house with toys.

Seems like there would be more to it after that, but since he was dead, no need to pursue???  The second autopsy revealed more, but to me it does not seem unexpected that he was mistreated in jail before he died.

We will never know for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1