online passport website

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Well we started searching this morning at 8 a.m. and managed to get a slot in Manila Aseana, there was celebrations in the household, we scored.

The celebrations were short lived as after finishing the application process, a fault occured with the system, so back to the start and managed to get another appointment the next day, no celebrations this time, as we went through the process a second time the system encountered another fault.

Then a third time managed to get another appointment but this time the system timed out.

The question this time please is :-

Does this DFA Passport website operate on 24 hour basis on only during working hours?

My reasoning is that if it operates around the clock I will get up at 2 a.m. and start again as it appears to me that the website cannot handle the amount of hits it gets, much as the same as a certain budget airline that is clogged during working hours but if you try and book at 3 a.m. it goes through smoothly.

Cheers

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

a fault occured with the system

At least now you know why there were reservations available.  Everyone is getting that same fault.  Probably the fault is:  "There are no reservations available but the boss said we have to make available reservations so this was our best option, sorry it does not work". :SugarwareZ-034:

Sorry to hear it is such a PIA for you.  Hope it eventually works :58:

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave, I have recorked the champagne and have found out from a travel agent to go on line at 3 in the  morning, maybe that will work.

Cheers

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I just opened up that calendar I posted before and it shows a lot of slots outside of Manila, but none in Manila.  Good luck with your search!  Maybe a short vacation in Baguio is in order?

https://dfacalendar.netpinoy.com/

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

The advice I was given about getting up early proved correct. We started the search process at 4 a.m. and it was all done by 4:30a.m.

All good.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Love it 1