Hi, wantvto understand the pm expenses and what to expect feom an employer

Rohit Sharma
Posted
Posted

Hi All, I am an Indian and looking for shifting to Manila for a job as a manager tax. I am married with one kid (3 year). Could anyone guide me how much salary to be expected and what will be an avg monthly expenses of living there if we look for decent condo 2bhk. Also, what is the fee for a good school for a kid. Also, how is the healt facilities there along with security. Please help

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

For the most part with very few exceptions foreigners may not work in Philippines.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Hi Rohit

Welcome to the forum,

You can find articles within the forum threads that deal with schools and the quality of them.

I think a bit more research is needed on your part, so take your time and read through what's on offer here.

As stated above by Old55 unless you secure a contract before arriving in Philippines, the chances are you will not be permitted to work.

You stated you have a three year old......Are you married to a Filipina ?  that would give you some leverage.

• Like 2

Rohit Sharma
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your revert. I am an Indian married to an Indian. I will also look through the school thread. 

Just would like to check how much is the basic expense for a average expact I mean what could be monthly expense for a family of 3. Just an idea.

thanks

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Costs in Manila have a huge variation. Depends where you will work, school costs, costs for living, costs for rent for a house or apartment, costs of own vehicle and much more. In one area $1500 will be enough while in another area $3000 will not be enough.

For working as a tax manager you'll need either a working visa or an SRRV visa. 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Rohit Sharma said:

Just would like to check how much is the basic expense for a average expact I mean what could be monthly expense for a family of 3. Just an idea.

It's one of those questions which are almost impossible to answer without knowing anything such as, are you going to live in a condo? studio, one bedroom 2 etc. Lifestyle, do you want to eat out 3 nights a week or? What about getting around, are you going to have your own car or travel by jeepney. So you see my point that there is no average because we all live our lives differently. Best to think about what your lifestyle will be if you are here and work from there. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Dr. Shiva said:

For working as a tax manager you'll need either a working visa or an SRRV visa. 

:89: Hmm! so from me. Do you have a Job lined up if yes, then your Company are the best ones to ask all these questions If not, I tend to feel you may not be in a very good position to live in manila.

Just saying

5 hours ago, Rohit Sharma said:

Hi All, I am an Indian and looking for shifting to Manila for a job as a manager tax. 

Without a Firm Job offer you are more than Likely to be competing against native Filipinos that can do the same Job and be disapointed

Sorry, I realise that this is not what you need to hear But " it is what it is" :huh:

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Minimum of $1200 per month, a 2 bed condo in a decent area will be atleast $500+. Expect a tax manager would earn around $2,000 per month on average, around $1500 after tax.
Health and security is fine if in a decent area. No idea about school costs.

Edited by fillipino_wannabe