Globe Scam

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Recently my router went down.  I went to my local Globe office and arranged for a tech to be sent to my house.  And I made sure they had my proper address.  The next day the tech called - from my old address in Cabantian...  The other side of Davao.  He had his supervisor call me who then transferred me to Manila.  Manila changed my address again and rebooked.  Nobody showed up for 7 days so I went back to the Globe office to find out what was going on.  I had the day manager call Manila who told me that my last ticket was cancelled because the people renting at my old address in Cabantian refused the service call.  Once again we changed the address and three days later the tech called as he couldn't find my house - in Cabantian!  When told I was in Toril, he demanded p1500 to show up.  I told him forget it.  His manager called and said that if we didn't pay, they would cancel my ticket.  I told him where he could put their work order.  I received an email with my ticket cancelled.  The next day I went to the local Globe office and explained what happened, that they had cancelled my contract in bad faith and I would not pay any further money to them but was considering having charges of fraud raised.  I haven't heard a word from Globe since.

I now have temporary service through Smart - prepaid only.

Edited by i am bob
Spelling
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I usually get them on FB I have had to do this once or twice a month.I am on my 3rd router when I move in  a few months I will get PLDT fiber it is not that much more expensive and I have heard good reports about it.Globe can go to hell I have had enough of them.They oversell and don`t have the Bandwidth to cover it.I get 3mb download but the signal is always intermittent so it takes a long time to load web pages that is if they will load.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, i am bob said:

The next day I went to the local Globe office and explained what happened, that they had cancelled my contract in bad faith and I would not pay any further money to them but was considering having charges of fraud raised.  I haven't heard a word from Globe since.

Some similar crap happened to me when I was using SmartBro.

It turned out that if a customer has a legitimate complaint about the Internet service for a certain number of times, and the company does not remedy the problem, then the customer or the company can cancel the contract and no one pays.

It means you no longer have to pay and they cannot come after your for any remaining time/balance on your contract but it also gives them an out so you cannot charge them with anything.

I cannot remember where I found that info but SmartBro knew about it so I cancelled with them and went to PLDT.  Same company, no problem, they did not care about my cancelled contract with SmartBro because I did it the right way.   This happened about 4 years ago.

They do know their responsibilities and their rights, probably better than we do, but if they give you grief, here is an old news article to get you started.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, i am bob said:

but was considering having charges of fraud raised.

Good luck with that :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

if a customer has a legitimate complaint about the Internet service for a certain number of times, and the company does not remedy the problem, then the customer or the company can cancel the contract and no one pays.

That explains why the Globe engineer gave me his number and told me to contact him direct.And there was me thinking he was being nice.

• Like 2