Philippines WIFI issues

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/7/2018 at 3:15 AM, Kris Allen said:

Daanbatayan, Cebu and had very little connection

Does not surprise me.

On 4/7/2018 at 3:15 AM, Kris Allen said:

Now I plan on coming back very soon but again connection issues.

Where do you stay while in Cebu city?

Kris Allen
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Does not surprise me.

Where do you stay while in Cebu city?

Hotel at the bottom of Mactan bridge area Belvista I think was the name, pool on roof top

Kris Allen
Posted
Posted

He sounds like to go to man to get things working right! I might buy a place there myself. I absolutely love the people there, I have never meet anyone there I didn't like and the women are so damn beautiful! I want to feed those starving kids too. I hiked in the heat 5 to 10 miles a day feeding them, well all that I could, just with me doing this alone I could only help a few dozen a day. 

kids.jpg

• Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kris Allen said:

I absolutely love the people there, I have never meet anyone there I didn't like and the women are so damn beautiful! I want to feed those starving kids too. I hiked in the heat 5 to 10 miles a day feeding them, well all that I could, just with me doing this alone I could only help a few dozen a day. 

Just be careful doing things like that as a foreigner is not permitted alone with children and some have found themselves on the wrong side of the law or worse. 

• Like 4

Kris Allen
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just be careful doing things like that as a foreigner is not permitted alone with children and some have found themselves on the wrong side of the law or worse. 

I was giving food out to homeless kids with a local gf. I then went to the SOS to learn how to open an orphanage, then being sent to local gov. There were way to many laws sheltering kids, so we followed the presidents plan of making a food bank to feed, I am also trying to make a company there 100% employed by Filipinos.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Reboot said:

Internet is such a headache in the Ph. I work while there, and the first thing on the top of my list is fiber to the unit. Of course, that means I have to spend most of my trip in parts of Manila or Cebu where that's available. My next trip is out in the Mindanao province, not exactly the best location for a reliable connection. 

My provincial part of Mindanao has PLDT Fiber available. My neighbour has it, we are outside Marbel, where will you be?

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, virginprune said:

My provincial part of Mindanao has PLDT Fiber available. My neighbour has it, we are outside Marbel, where will you be?

Tandag

virginprune
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Tandag

That's near Surigao yes? I'm right down the other end.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, virginprune said:

That's near Surigao yes? I'm right down the other end.

Yeah south of there along the E coast.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The Philippines uses different frequencies (bands) for data than the USA. So unless you have an international phone with those Philippine bands or buy a smart phone in the  Philippines you will get really slow data rates.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-use-a-us-cell-phone-in-philippines

• Like 1