Jump to content
PaulB

Disrespect

Recommended Posts

All

Just saw the below on Facebook. Have you every been in the "Busog Ako" situation? What would you have done?

For me I love Lechon except eyes, ears, brain and ass hole!

Paul

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's funny, I also saw it on FB today and was going to post it.  The guy is kinda wimpy.

I will eat some Lechon, the good pure white meat, but there are plenty of other dishes I don't care for.

My wife told me it was rude not to partake and there are a few things I enjoy.  What bothers me the most is when everything is served cold.  For me, some dishes turn from ok, to I can barely eat it, when it is cold.

However, her family is fairly worldly and they go out of their way to provide something I like.  My wife told them I like BBQ chicken breasts so now every time we go to Baguio, they always have them for me!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to get that all the time when I was a kid.  I was like these kids

I have sympathy for the man who did not want to try the lechon.  It was outside his comfort zone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PaulB said:

All

Just saw the below on Facebook. Have you every been in the "Busog Ako" situation? What would you have done?

For me I love Lechon except eyes, ears, brain and ass hole!

Paul

Busog ako (I'm full) is really no excuse and will potentially embarrass yourself among the Filipino family.  I rather pick up a plate and start nibbling as I chase down some more San Magoo......he, he.  It's even more offensive if you refuse to drink what they're drinking.  At least a little sip.  

Remember, they are checking you out whether you meet THEIR family standards.  It's not only your dollar account but your demeanor in adjusting to the Filipino culture, especially among the men folks.  Can you drink like a man?  Do you like a large family with screaming kids?  How do you openly treat your fiancee among her friends and family watching you closely?  Yeah, respect and humbleness goes a long way.  Don't forget to bribe the lolo and lola (grandpa and grandma) with exported chocolate......like I did to bribe Judy's lola to give me official permission to be engage.  

Among several men she has met online, you have been selected to finally meet her family.  That is something of a major achievement, don't ya think?  Don't blow it.  But at the same token, don't stick around as your instinct tells you to leave town ASAP.  Remember there are 7,000 other possibilities to meet and greet your future companion.  

Respectfully Jake (still in my dog house)

PS  The rectum part could be a challenge for this a$$hole.....he, he.  

Edited by Jake
  • Like 5
  • Love it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree 100% Jake!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

before we met our girlfriends families , we made it clear in advance that we do not drink anything alcoholic not even a small sip of beer ,that was accepted ,with regard to the food ,i tried everything ,even the chicken feet and when the second family that we visited got the Karioki machine out ,we did our best to murder frank Sinatra and elvis songs ,that went down well with the locals . I shall be able to get through life without eating chicken feet ever again lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

before we met our girlfriends families , we made it clear in advance that we do not drink anything alcoholic not even a small sip of beer ,that was accepted ,with regard to the food ,i tried everything ,even the chicken feet and when the second family that we visited got the Karioki machine out ,we did our best to murder frank Sinatra and elvis songs ,that went down well with the locals . I shall be able to get through life without eating chicken feet ever again lol

Dang Baston, I thought all along that a good Scottish gentleman always eat chicken feet......he, he.  

  • Love it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jake said:

Dang Baston, I thought all along that a good Scottish gentleman always eat chicken feet......he, he.  

well the dog was surprisingly tasty lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jake said:

Dang Baston, I thought all along that a good Scottish gentleman always eat chicken feet......he, he.  

Jake, thought that was hagas? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

well the dog was surprisingly tasty lol

That was a bitch:th_thbarbaque:

2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

 

 

Edited by Gerald Glatt
doube post
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×