Disrespect

marine6357
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I only just watched the video now and really think he is rude. For sure he knows what it was and its only pork so why not eat a little and pretend you like it. More so learn something about the Philippines before even going on an adventure.

I am glad that someone else thought the same thing. I have tried many exotic foods and glad I did. Yes some made me ill but most I was fine with after. Again some I liked and others I didn't. But I never was rude about it either. Seems to me that he is probably not suited to be marrying someone form outside his culture and should stick to what is closer to what is familiar to him.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, TunaT said:

The guy is areal wuss no doubt about that. Why he would even be in this country beats me. But I'd dump that gal and her family in a heartbeat.  That relationship is going nowhere but downhill.

The thing is I am not sure about the video as it seemed to be a reality show or documentary. Obviously shot and recorded with the intent of viewer opinions.  I mean it was not a home video from the back yard. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The thing is I am not sure about the video as it seemed to be a reality show or documentary.

I think I saw the clip before on a show about "90 day fiance" so the whole idea of the show is to illustrate the problems of meeting a girl and marrying her within 3 months.  Much of the show will be intended to stir audience interest, as this clip is doing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Should of said"Excuse I'm Jewish"

Or Muslim or Adventist....any thing instead of I don't want to eat your filthy pig...

I love it especially the cracklins (skin)

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

More so learn something about the Philippines before even going on an adventure.

This. It's basic respect when you're a guest in a different country. Learn a little about a place at least. And especially if you're meeting a woman's family.

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Should of said"Excuse I'm Jewish"

Or Muslim or Adventist....any thing instead of I don't want to eat your filthy pig...

I love it especially the cracklins (skin)

Speaking of which, are there many Jews in the Ph? People might not even know their dietary habits.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The thing is I am not sure about the video as it seemed to be a reality show or documentary. Obviously shot and recorded with the intent of viewer opinions.  I mean it was not a home video from the back yard. 

11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think I saw the clip before on a show about "90 day fiance" so the whole idea of the show is to illustrate the problems of meeting a girl and marrying her within 3 months.  Much of the show will be intended to stir audience interest, as this clip is doing.

1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I actually think the whole video is somewhat staged.

Yes, it is the typical reality TV format that is staged and dramatized to add conflict where there isn't conflict.  Although there are a few I will watch because I like the topic (like the tuna shows), as soon as I see the format is "show a scene, then jump to person in the scene talking about the scene", I take it with a grain of salt, knowing that it is somewhat staged.

Some of those shows are really fake, like storage wars.  Flamboyant "actors", planted "finds", drama between participants that doesn't exist in real life, same participants, etc., etc.  Google reality tv fraud and see what comes up.

Edited by OnMyWay
I can't believe hwo many typos I'm making lately!
  • Like 4

codermonkey
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Some of those shows are really fake, like storage wars.  Flamboyant "actors", planted "finds", drama between participants that doesn't exist in real life, same participants, etc., etc.  Google reality tv fraud and see what comes up.

If you could make $10,000 a day buying peoples garbage then nobody would go to work. Just more fakery to add to the fake news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Reboot said:

This. It's basic respect when you're a guest in a different country. Learn a little about a place at least. And especially if you're meeting a woman's family.

If you don't know, or sometimes if you do...it is better to ask, then you will find how that family or person views the custom.  This is true wherever you are and to me a good way to talk and get to know people a little. 

• Like 1