Flights from Europe to Philippines via Middle East?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Several have said they liked flying over the middle east, to/from Europe.  That might be a good option for me, flying from Clark.

If I fly Clark to Dubai on Emirates, is it possible for the family and I to stopover in Dubai for a few nights?  Do a quick tour?

A.  If so, how do I book the ticket and still get a cheap fare?  Will I have to pay more?

B.  Do Filipinos need a visa for UAE?  I guessing yes and of course I can find out, but I'm sure one of you knows.

C.  If we only have a long layover, is a day tour of Dubai possible?  With small kids?

Sorry if a bit off topic but you guys are all over this thread!  :smile:

Edited by Old55
Split from long flights
  • Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I can't answer all your questions OMW but I've travelled that route 2x in the opposite direction. Miami-->Dubai-->Cebu City and Miami--->Doha--->Manila. The layover was about 8 hours both times. Both times I booked with Cheap Tickets. The airport at Doha might be the nicest one I have ever seen.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I can't answer all your questions OMW but I've travelled that route 2x in the opposite direction. Miami-->Dubai-->Cebu City and Miami--->Doha--->Manila. The layover was about 8 hours both times. Both times I booked with Cheap Tickets. The airport at Doha might be the nicest one I have ever seen.

Was that less than travel going west?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Gerald, could you be more clear? I don’t understand your question.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

the fare going though Mid East is it less than the ones that go through hong Kong or Japan?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gerald Glatt said:

the fare going though Mid East is it less than the ones that go through hong Kong or Japan?

The cheapest fare that I saw was via bejing , what I'm trying out is their email alerts to see if the flight from London to Clark drops in price 

Edited by bastonjock

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Reboot said:

Clark / Doha / Paris is cheaper on Qatar then Clark / Dubai / Paris, but I figure Dubai would be a nice place to see if possible. 

I'm not sure Doha would be a good choice for sightseeing due to the current embargoes but it might be ok to layover in the airport.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

The problem with Miami to Asia is that you have to fly to the U.S. west coast if you go west.  I think it still might be less time going west, but prices are somewhat higher.  Qatar Air and Emirates both have really new aircraft, good prices, and also fly to Clark.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Was that less than travel going west?

No it id a longer trip for me going that way. About 14 hours to Gulf, then another 12 to Phils...if I recall correctly. But it's just 1 stop. Both Emirates and Qatar have new planes with TVs behind the seats, good service, pretty attendants.

virginprune
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Reboot said:

The airport at Doha might be the nicest one I have ever seen.

That must be new is it? I went via Doha to/from Thailand around 9 years ago and the airport was dire, nothing there but a prayer room, smoking room and a coffee bar.