So now our leaders are using the modern world of communicating

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Beats the hell out of me reading what's going on such as the US and Syria. Before this topic continues I just want to say it's not a Trump topic but to discuss the use of social media.

President Trump Tweeted this and that.  WTF. 

Trump warns Russia to 'get ready' for missile strike over Syria

US President Donald Trump has warned Russia to "get ready" for missile strikes as tensions escalate over the alleged poison gas attack in Syria.

Mr Trump described Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad as a "Gas Killing Animal" and said the US's relationship with Russia was worse than it had ever been in history in a series of furious tweets posted this evening.

"Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!" Mr Trump wrote on Twitter.

"Our relationship with Russia is worse now than it has ever been, and that includes the Cold War.

"There is no reason for this.

"Russia needs us to help with their economy, something that would be very easy to do, and we need all nations to work together. Stop the arms race?"

More HERE

Trump.jpg

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Its the way of leaders. A guy named Randolph Hearst used newspapers to start the Spanish American war (if he hadn't we wouldn't have been retired here :hystery:) Hitler and Roosevelt used Radio and Movies to galvanize their respective countries during ww2, Kennedy was the first to use TV. Pres. Trump was just the first to take advantage of it.  

• Like 5

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted (edited)

I like the idea of Trump using Twitter.  Great way to bypass a biased media and reach voters. If it reaches friends and foes, so be it.

Edited by CoffeeRulzMe
  • Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

I like the idea of Trump using Twitter.  Great way to bypass a biased media and reach voters. If it reaches friends and foes, so be it.

Yeah but is it really him or some spokesperson  as I cannot see someone in his position spending time on social media.   

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

but is it really him

my gut feeling, with absolutely no proof or links to refer to? It HIM

• Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, scott h said:

my gut feeling, with absolutely no proof or links to refer to? It HIM

Obviously I should not ask questions from the night before considering Im still awake form that time zone. :whistling:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

Trump using Twit

I'm surprised the news media have not come up with

Twit.jpg

as a headline, but I suppose it is politically incorrect to call a President a Twit.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

as a headline, but I suppose it is politically incorrect to call a President a Twit.

It's politically CORRECT to call t-rump a twit in my opinion.  Often times his "tweet storms" goes off the rails because he is angry again.  Often times he will announce a major change in foreign or domestic policies without consulting the "adults" in the room.  Often time he will backtrack his messages only just made 24 hours ago.

The term "tweet storm" is his trade mark and eventually his undoing.  

• Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Why not ask Mark Zuckerberg his opinion ( he didn't know his data was being sourced  ) :89:

Maybe there is life elsewhere in the solar system...will the last person leaving Planet Earth please turn out the light's

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I'm very concerned that this could escalate into a nuclear exchange , these leaders are pushing themselves into a corner with little or no room for diplomacy 

The use of chemical weapons also causes me to worry about the future use of AI (artificial intelligence) as a weapon ,when you have people such as the late Stephen hawking and the likes of Eton musk cautioning us about AI ,then how long before one if the big powers uses AI as a weapon ? If they can't contain these chemical weapons through international law then how long before we see robot soldiers etc ??

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic