Painting concrete wall

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if there is a painting product in the Philippines that can be applied to a concrete wall, without doing the skimcote or any other preparation.?

I am currently in Australia and doing a "Love Job" for a family member which included the painting of a concrete tank, went to Bunnings and came out with a paint that was applied straight onto the concrete, no prep, no fussing around, worked a treat.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well they have exterior paint here,not sure if you would need a sealer with it nothing is mentioned in the booklet.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We have a Professional Painter/Decorator on Board here, Ran his own company for many years. Give @jimeve a PM and see what he can advise,

Yes Jim , I know you came to retire but I am sure your advice will be welcome :shades:

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

When we painted the exterior of our house we BB the paint from the UK. The local stuff ain't so good.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Does anyone know if there is a painting product in the Philippines that can be applied to a concrete wall, without doing the skimcote or any other preparation.?

I am currently in Australia and doing a "Love Job" for a family member which included the painting of a concrete tank, went to Bunnings and came out with a paint that was applied straight onto the concrete, no prep, no fussing around, worked a treat.

None! if you are going to bodge the prep, prepare to fail, 6 to 12 months it will be blistering and be falling on the floor. 

• Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

When we painted the exterior of our house we BB the paint from the UK. The local stuff ain't so good.

It's all about preparation, yes the local paint shite. advise is to use a concrete sealer, that's if your wall is made of concrete!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2