Changes at NAIA

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I was reading on a travel website where there is going to be big changes to where the different airlines arrive and depart from at NAIA, the only

thing mentioned in the post is that Qantas is moving to terminal 1 for arrivals and departures, the thread contained many complaints over the years 

about the standard of terminal 1, but it also said that the domestic airlines are also on the move.

Maybe they are going to make some improvements to terminal 1, or just a bulldozer.

If anyone has any further information please post.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If they had a rapid transit train between terminals (similar to the fast train at Hong Kong terminal) then it really would not matter to the general public what terminal they are using.  When they are all linked by fast train it is just like one big complex.

canadamale
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If they had a rapid transit train between terminals (similar to the fast train at Hong Kong terminal) then it really would not matter to the general public what terminal they are using.  When they are all linked by fast train it is just like one big complex.

they do have a free shuttle between terminals. At least between terminal 2#3 I took this shuttle in March. It was easy to locate, followed the signs, signed in at the kiosk and was clean modern and effiecient. 

Edited by canadamale
  • Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, canadamale said:

they do have a free shuttle between terminals. At least between terminal 2#3 I took this shuttle in March. It was easy to locate, followed the signs, signed in at the kiosk and was clean modern and effiecient. 

Philippine Airlines also have a shuttle for inbound passengers with a connecting domestic PAL Express flight, I've used it a couple of times in the last year.   Modern buses and weren't crowded.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I'm confused with all these terminals. I've used terminal 3 several times recently for both international and domestic flights so that''s easy enough. There is then what I call NAIA which is the old International terminal and the old domestic terminal that predates NAIA so should be terminal 1 or is it. I've also heard millennial mentioned.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I'm confused with all these terminals. I've used terminal 3 several times recently for both international and domestic flights so that''s easy enough. There is then what I call NAIA which is the old International terminal and the old domestic terminal that predates NAIA so should be terminal 1 or is it. I've also heard millennial mentioned.

Of Course this may not be upto date. :smile:

TERMINAL DETAILS: 

NAIA 1 on Ninoy Aquino Avenue completed its rehabilitation work in July 2015. Current airlines serving NAIA 1: Air China, Air Niugini, Asiana, China, China Eastern, China Southern, Ethiopian, Etihad, EVA Air, Gulf Air, Japan JAL, Jeju Air, Jet Star Asia, Korean, Kuwait, Malaysian, Oman Air, Qantas, Qatar, Royal Brunei, Saudi, Thai, Tiger, Turkish, United & Xiamen airlines. 
    The Arrivals area houses banking facilities, Customs & immigration check, baggage claim, information/ help desk;  a Transfer/Transit point,  a day room, & duty free shop, a Transport lounge a VIP lounge, prayer rooms, rental car counters, hotel lounge, porters & baggage trolleys, Lost & Found, medical facilities & parking.  
   The Departure area houses a Day Room, shops & restaurants, and VIP lounge  - leading to west gates 1 - 7 and east gates 16 - 9.  

NOTE: A new passenger processing systems in T1 & T2  resulted in quicker check-in and baggage-drop; enabling baggage tracking. 

NAIA 2 (the 'Centennial Terminal')  - on Ninoy Aquino Avenue - is currently used by Philippine Airlines  and PAL Express (tel. +63.2.855-8000 /8888). T2  is divided into the North Wing (for international flights), and into the South Wing (for domestic flights), with total departure gates 2 to 15. Arrivals are on level 1 and departures are on level 2.  (Closed-circuit television cameras are placed throughout the terminal.)

NAIA 3 is the largest & newest  terminal - located on Andrews Avenue - 1.2 km in length with a four-level shopping mall and a parking garage connected to the terminal - has a centralized processing area and 24 boarding gates. Airlines at T3:  Air Asia, All Nippon ANA, Cathay Pacific, Cebu Pacific, Delta, Emirates, KLM Royal Dutch, PAL Express and Singapore airlines.
    Level 1of T3 is the Arrivals level: outside of the Arrivals level are loop shuttle stops 1 to 4, as well as the Airport free shuttle right across from the medical station. Inside, past the inf are Information counter is the the baggage claim area. Amenities include rental car counters, Transfer Transit point,  & ATM cash machines.
    Level 2 of T3 is the Departures level with airline ticketing desks.
    Level 3 of T3 has three smoking lounges and stairs to the boarding gates.
    Level 4 of T3 has access to  boarding gates 118-120 & 131-134. 
To make reservations for the VIP lounge in the boarding area call  +63(2) 877-1109 Local: dial 3761

NAIA 4 is a small terminal on Domestic Road, near the north end of the smaller runway. It serves presently domestic flights of Air Asia Zest, Cebu Pacific & Skyjet airlines. It is divided into an arrivals area with baggage claim, a waiting area in the center, & check-in counters on the other side. 
map-manila-airport-terminals.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Four passenger terminals on one runway?

jrlee183
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Four passenger terminals on one runway?

Yep!  Although there are actually two run ways (one much smaller that can accommodate light aircraft and smaller commercial planes e.g. A320).   Problem is that the two runways cross eachother meaning only one can be used at a time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1