Hello

Evegheny Adrian
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I don't care where they go.  Not my problem, not my decision.  As a foreigner my advice on sociopolitical situations  is neither wanted or welcome in this country.

If someone has a marketable skill then they should go where people will pay for it.  If you want to pay for it that's fine with me.  If they want to stand in the street and "encourage me to give" then I am within my rights to walk past and ignore them.

May I ask why you are making it your business that the rest of us should be so thrilled to watch street performers and "donate" money?  (I am not suggesting that all members are 'stingy' in this manner but I know many think as I do because I've been having a drink with some of the other members when a "street performer" comes up to us to "perform" with his bottle caps on a stick and invariably they are asked to move on.)

Philippines as far I saw,they never promote or pay their skilled people. But they invest money just in stupid kdrama, kpop and churches. They never invested in something good,hospitals schools or kindergartens.  

Evegheny Adrian
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, oldutot said:

Lmao, so it’s illegal to give money to scammers and my fellow expats in the Philippines. The only thing that cracks me up, is the beggar here in Seattle.

But there are people who aren't scammers and try to win their money in the fair way. But the system is xxxx up.  I dunno how is life in US as I'm Russian but I can assure you in civilised society everyone is all for one  and one for all

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Evegheny Adrian said:

Philippines as far I saw,they never promote or pay their skilled people. But they invest money just in stupid kdrama, kpop and churches. They never invested in something good,hospitals schools or kindergartens.  

Why are you in the Philippines if you think it should be a western country? Obviously you dont get out much and I think you are trolling because what have churches and hospitals got to do with street performers? 

• Like 1

Evegheny Adrian
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why are you in the Philippines if you think it should be a western country? Obviously you dont get out much and I think you are trolling because what have churches and hospitals got to do with street performers? 

My point here is,they continue to be jealous. When I gave to that man some money (around 250P) an man stopped by my side and started to bring me insults and threads that I shouldn't give to that man no money but to give it to the church because I can get blessings. I told him that I don't need his blessings and to keep on walking wherever he have to go. Then he told me that hell pray that so my life won't be easy and my death painful.  

Clermont
Posted
Posted

34 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You might be right about the trolling, but everyone has an opinion even if it is not in our norm of thinking. :SugarwareZ-004:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Evegheny Adrian said:

When I gave to that man some money (around 250P) an man stopped by my side and started to bring me insults and threads that I shouldn't give to that man no money

Was he a local filipino man that threatened you or another foreigner?

If another foreigner then ignore him as you have the same rights he does.  If a filipino then you should listen as we are guests in their country.  We expect to be treated nicely (as we would a guest in our own civilized society).  In return we should respect the rules of the host's home, (as we would expect a guest to obey our rules.)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Evegheny Adrian said:

in civilised society everyone is all for one  and one for all

That is one philosophy.

Another civilized philosophy is survival of the fittest.  We don't support people making horse drawn carriages any more so the makers of those carriages are limited in number.  We, as a society, pay the people who work on computers, or airplanes, (or nuclear weapons :shock_40_anim_gif: ) very well as that is what we all think we need in today's world.   Street musicians are somewhere in the middle but if people don't want to pay for their performance then they are not going to survive long at that profession.

There is still a place for those who believe everyone is equal.  We call it kindergarten.  In real life you get out of it what you put into it.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

we are guests in their country.

Get your 13a Visa, then you will be a permanent resident and not a guest, then you can complain all you want lololol:hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

oldutot
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Evegheny Adrian said:

But there are people who aren't scammers and try to win their money in the fair way. But the system is xxxx up.  I dunno how is life in US as I'm Russian but I can assure you in civilised society everyone is all for one  and one for all

My point is, I'm surprised that giving money to beggars is illegal. As it goes for Seattle the economy  is

great , you can find work.If you want to work.  

Edited by oldutot

robert k
Posted
Posted
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, Evegheny Adrian said:

Recently I saw many street performers. But unlike EU, these people who are so skilled and have a great talent on doing something special,they never get rewarded and they are insulted. I recently saw an old blind man at the overpass in Baguio,he is playing guitar like Hendrix. But people are ignoring. Why is like this? 

Part of it is I think, that many Filipinos have talents that they have developed because they have time because they are not working 60 hours a week. Everyone walking by may think, my cousin 87 times removed can do better than that. It could be the subject matter too. Many Filipinos like sad slow ballads and they may be offended that the guy is catering to foreigners' musical taste. Some of the poorest people I have met with a small CD collection all of them have had a Kenny Rodgers CD, singing some tear jerkers.