Another 13a question

DonnyQ
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is only permanent so long as your wife wants you to stay.  If you split with your wife and she goes to immigration they WILL cancel your 13a and if she is horribly mean enough she MAY tell a bunch of lies to get you blacklisted.  The for sure thing is they WILL cancel your 13a in that situation.

Doubtful. So long as you are still married, there should not be anything she can do. Just make sure you marry the right woman, or your immigration status will be the least of your concerns!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, DonnyQ said:

Just make sure you marry the right woman

lol, yes many have done that world wide but often nothing lasts forever. 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, DonnyQ said:

Doubtful. So long as you are still married, there should not be anything she can do. Just make sure you marry the right woman, or your immigration status will be the least of your concerns!

You can become a citizen after five years if married to a PI, 10 if not, but don't forget divorce in the PI's hasn't been legislated as yet, so, if you marry her, your married for life. Don't forget marriage is a double edged sword, and 9/10th of the time, according to PI law, her side is the sharpest.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, DonnyQ said:

Doubtful. So long as you are still married, there should not be anything she can do

Not doubtful in the least.  But I cannot prove it to you as your mind is made up.

Of course you could ask the BI directly yourself.  I know I did.  This is the reply I got.  What reply did you get.

Good day!

The basis for granting a 13a Permanent Resident Visa by Marriage is due to the fact the he/she is married to a Filipino. If the Filipino spouse will file for a legal separation, then the foreign national who is a 13a visa holder should report it to the BI Office regarding the cancellation of his/her visa. Please be reminded that there is a corresponding fine for late filling.

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, DonnyQ said:

If you spouse wants rid of you all she has to do is make a complaint about domestic abuse towards her or any children. You will then reside on remand until the court case, that you will invariably lose. Then prison, up to 20 years,  then deportation. This is the same rules regarding Filipino men, apart from the deportation.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Your permanent status will also be revoked if your spouse dies before you. There is no widowers visa as far as I am aware.

• Like 1