Villa Escudero Plantations and Resort

marine6357
Posted
Posted

Just wondering if anyone has ever visited or stayed overnight here? Just came across it and saw the have The Waterfall Restaurant looks pretty cool.

http://villaescudero.com/

• Like 2

softail
Posted
Posted

Was there about a year ago, as far as I am concerned is a must see.  They have a museum that is incredible. I didn’t stay there but the rooms are great, on the lake.  The restaurant at the base of the waterfall was a lot of fun, your table is in the water at the base of the waterfall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

marine6357
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, softail said:

The restaurant at the base of the waterfall was a lot of fun, your table is in the water at the base of the waterfall.

Yes that what I thought kinda neat feature. Was looking at their website and found a lot of nice features there.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

ever visited

That is one of the must go to places we take visitors from the States when they visit us. The water fall (old hydro electric dam, but I wont spoil it for your visit by giving all the history) restaurant is indeed unique, food is so-so for us ole timers here, but a treat for first timers. As softtail says the museum is very good. MAKE SURE you get there before lunch, unless things have changed they have a cultural dance show that is put on by the kids of plantation workers, and it is included in the admission price. Highly recommend a visit.

I also have not stayed there, but the rooms over look the river and from what I could see peeking in the open doors seemed ok. 

• Thanks 3

marine6357
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, scott h said:

As softtail says the museum is very good. MAKE SURE you get there before lunch

Well my plans are to stay overnight if possible and then make my way down to Cagayan De Oro with the girl I am interested in if things go right with us.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Looks amazing and a quick look at the site convinces me to go.

From Visayas guess best is to fly to Manila and make the way down by bus?  Any comments appreciated. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I checked out their website. This property would be interesting to visit next time we are in the Philippines.  The published rates are a bit high, but I suppose you can negotiate a 25% to 50% discount by contacting the property directly.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Any comments appreciated. 

I always drive with no problems. Rent a car:thumbsup::thumbsup: 

Reboot
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, marine6357 said:

Just wondering if anyone has ever visited or stayed overnight here? Just came across it and saw the have The Waterfall Restaurant looks pretty cool.

http://villaescudero.com/

I've heard this is a really cool place to visit. But the recommendation came from a friend who lived in the Ph back in the 80s.

Reboot
Posted
Posted

It looks like a nice honeymoon location. 

tumblr_inline_nwp2n0RgQj1s9clfh_540.png.