Any one know any good places to rent in Dapitan City

blkJack
Posted
Posted

Any one know of any places in Dapitan City area to rent or what the rental prices are in that area?

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is no substitute for boots on the ground. The greatest number of rentals are not advertised in the Philippines except for a sign on the property itself. They may not bother to take the sign down either after it is rented, which makes it even more fun. What I have done is arrive and then ask locals or even engage a local to help you look. If you don't know already, don't rent a place unseen and make sure it has elevation and drainage. Make sure there is parking if you are going to own a vehicle. Make sure there is internet/cable/LTE phone service if you need any/ all of those things because it's not a given.

Tricycle is a slow mode of travel but if you fit in one [or ride behind the driver] and are ready to have your back and kidney jarred they can be effective for searching. Added bonus is the driver will most likely help.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
blkJack
Posted
Posted
On 4/24/2018 at 5:27 AM, robert k said:

There is no substitute for boots on the ground. The greatest number of rentals are not advertised in the Philippines except for a sign on the property itself. They may not bother to take the sign down either after it is rented, which makes it even more fun. What I have done is arrive and then ask locals or even engage a local to help you look. If you don't know already, don't rent a place unseen and make sure it has elevation and drainage. Make sure there is parking if you are going to own a vehicle. Make sure there is internet/cable/LTE phone service if you need any/ all of those things because it's not a given.

Tricycle is a slow mode of travel but if you fit in one [or ride behind the driver] and are ready to have your back and kidney jarred they can be effective for searching. Added bonus is the driver will most likely help.

Thanks for the input, seems no one lives there or know anything about  the area.

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, blkJack said:

Thanks for the input, seems no one lives there or know anything about  the area.

That might tell you something. I do know some people have visited that area fairly recently, they kept a low profile and things were fine for the length of a visit. Try searching Chris in Cebu, Dipolog City on youtube.

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2018 at 8:09 PM, blkJack said:

Any one know of any places in Dapitan City area to rent or what the rental prices are in that area?

In my experience, there's usually some local buy and sell group specific to an area in the PH on Facebook. These seem to be good places as a starting point to find things like rentals. It's worked for me before. Just a thought.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
blkJack
Posted
Posted

I join these groups and found out that her and her daughters are members already and they use them to sell all there online merch that they deal in. So I guess we have it covered. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, blkJack said:

I join these groups and found out that her and her daughters are members already and they use them to sell all there online merch that they deal in. So I guess we have it covered. Thanks for the heads up.

SHE HAS A 10 YR. OLD SON PLUS DAUGHTERS? are those daughters married and out of her house ? do they have kids too? has she told you the only kid in her house is her son? 

forgive my questions sir , but we are all intimately familiar with the cultures and customs of the pinoys, so im just asking for your information. you cant split hairs here. i know guys here that have had to buy jeepneys just to haul the entire family to SM once a week and pay the whole bill. 

its not unusual to see a foreigner here with an entire crew sitting all by himself while they feast on his dollar. a german friend of mine finally packed it all in and went home , because he got over run with family members. he left them a 5 mil dollar home , cars , and his  jeepney.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lobojohn said:

SHE HAS A 10 YR. OLD SON PLUS DAUGHTERS? are those daughters married and out of her house ? do they have kids too? has she told you the only kid in her house is her son? 

forgive my questions sir , but we are all intimately familiar with the cultures and customs of the pinoys, so im just asking for your information. you cant split hairs here. i know guys here that have had to buy jeepneys just to haul the entire family to SM once a week and pay the whole bill. 

its not unusual to see a foreigner here with an entire crew sitting all by himself while they feast on his dollar. a german friend of mine finally packed it all in and went home , because he got over run with family members. he left them a 5 mil dollar home , cars , and his  jeepney.  

John please keep on topic. What you say may be true in a few instances but not the norm.

Also, I know you mean well please don’t post a link without additional information. If you know Dapitan City to be unsafe or other important information please address in your answer. Again I know you’re trying to be helpful and we appreciate your input.

Edited by Old55