CBD available in Phillippines?

Reboot
Posted
Posted

CBD as in cannabidiol. Non-psychotropic (doesn't make you high), but it's used for health purposes. Some of my wife's relatives have epilepsy, and the stuff can work wonders. For you older gents, it's a really good systemic anti-inflammatory. Helps with a lot of things that start to bother as we age.

Here's an example for seizures.

Is it available there?

marine6357
Posted
Posted

Yes I have been a proponent of CBD for a long time. When my late wife was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer I did all kinds of research about it and other alternative medicines and the research being conducted on this and other types has been found to be one of the most promising discoveries in medicine in decades. Unfortunately the Big pharma companies try and fight research and delivery of it because they cant figure a way to make money from it. Remember there are a lot of places even here in the US that we don't have access to it so highly doubt it will be available in the Philippines. 

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, marine6357 said:

Unfortunately the Big pharma companies try and fight research and delivery of it because they cant figure a way to make money from it. Remember there are a lot of places even here in the US that we don't have access to it so highly doubt it will be available in the Philippines. 

I follow the pharma space closely and that's not completely true (although yes, there has been resistance). There are billions to be made. A UK pharma is on track to market a proprietary formulation called Epidiolex in the US later this year. An FDA advisory panel just recommended approval unanimously last week. The market cap has surged to something in the neighborhood of $3 billion. The first approved indication will be for some rarer forms of infantile epilepsy. Other companies are working on developing synthetic cannabinoids that will potentially work better than what's found in the plant itself.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'll agree also that the conspiracy theory about the big nasty pharma companies stopping it being produced is the proverbial bull..

I have two friends working on cancer drugs for one of the biggest pharma companies out there and their budget is sky high to try and produce drugs that work and are safe. There's also a few pharma companies already licenced and selling it. It's the government regulations where they have to provide safe evidence that it works before the will allow its use. 

The you tube video you could have used orange juice and had the same affect as some tonic clonic seizures only last a short time so the child could just naturally stopped. 

The canniboids are already legal in some countries so the pharma companies can't be doing a good job of getting them banned. It has been proven to be a very successful pain killer which is one of it's main uses. 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

The canniboids are already legal in some countries so the pharma companies can't be doing a good job of getting them banned.

Why would they want them banned?  They just want them out of the "home herbal recipe" backyard growers and into the lab where they can profit.  EG.  Now that its legal in Canada, who are the suppliers? 

Here is the list

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

The you tube video you could have used orange juice and had the same affect as some tonic clonic seizures only last a short time so the child could just naturally stopped. 

Agreed that anecdote doesn't equal evidence. But we now have statistically significant evidence in trials involving hundreds of people that demonstrate CBD works in epilepsy to reduce frequency (at least) and perhaps even halt a seizure as it happens. 

I told my wife I don't know if I can get any there. Here in the US, CBD is legal nationally. She suggested I take some next month when we went to RoP. I told her that was a very bad idea.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Why would they want them banned?  They just want them out of the "home herbal recipe" backyard growers and into the lab where they can profit.  EG.  Now that its legal in Canada, who are the suppliers? 

Here is the list

That list is only going to get bigger once they pass the Cannabis Act later this year. Canada is positioning itself to be a global leader. It has the best capitalized companies, and they are grabbing up market share everywhere. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Here is the list

I was being tongue in cheek about them wanting it banned. The trials and compensation money set aside if anything goes wrong pretty much puts everything out of the average suppliers hands. 

It could be lagalised Worldwide tomorrow and it would only be the big pharma companies supplying it, as they'd ensure everything was geared towards it being classed as a medicine. 

• Like 1

Foreigner
Posted
Posted

What ever happened to the USA?  It used to be a world leader but now it’s taking the back stage in the Western World.  Hooray for Canada!  Instead of Americans calling it “Great White North,” they should be calling it:  The Great Green North!

Capture.thumb.JPG.062aa7bd2f3eac84b0d24769601b3118.JPG

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Hooray for Canada!

I have hopes that Canada can maintain a high profile as the world's provider or legal marijuana products, (because it all helps the GDP and the value of my pension dollars), but I remember the history lesson of Prohibition 100 years or so ago.  Canadian distillers did very well so long as the US lawmakers were against legalizing booze but as soon as it became legal the US distillers quickly regained their market share.  I have no doubt the US will follow other countries eventually and then the US Pharma will get a lock on cannabis very quickly.

• Like 2