Best domestic beer Philippines

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I drink a little beer sometimes...... :7500::9436:

It's nearly summertime!

San Miguel Premium All-Malt beer is a great local beer. Are there any new ones on the market worth testing?

Jake
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Old55 said:

It's nearly summertime!

San Miguel Premium All-Malt beer is a great local beer. Are there any new ones on the market worth testing?

SAN MIGUEL LIGHT.jpg  This may not be new in the local market but it certainly entices your thirst or urge to grab another one.

• Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Old55 said:

It's nearly summertime!

Try Cerveza Negra I find that to be a very nice stout for where we are.

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted

San Mig is fine but I'm partial to the Red Horse. 

92eee13fd5d49a3fc2f17e3022c846c1.jpgdscf1345.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Eeew.  I am a beer drinker.  And the Philippines is NOT my favorite place for it.  SML and Pilsen give me the worst hangover.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I heard there are micro-breweries starting to open in the larger cities. Check if there is one near you.  This news is unconfirmed. Maybe my friends are talking about bootleg places.  

RBM
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

I heard there are micro-breweries starting to open in the larger cities. Check if there is one near you.  This news is unconfirmed. Maybe my friends are talking about bootleg places.  

There is a place in the IT park Cebu selling g a large range of craft beers, extremely expensive, belive they are brewed in Baguio.

My preference by far is SM super dry.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Craft beer has exploded here in the Philippines. You won't get 1 liter for P78 with these local beers but you will get some awesome flavor. They can be hard to find, however. For most of these, I'd check their Facebook pages before their websites as FB is fresher. Also, many of these breweries have tap rooms now.

The Cebruery (thecebruery.com)  has a full lineup of beers, including seasonals and specials. As far as I know, they're the only local brewery to produce a Gose, a Dubbel, and a Tripel. Their Chocolate Hills Porter and Big Eyes Double IPA are things of beauty.

Turning Wheels Brewery (turningwheelsbeer.com) They do great beers like a red ale and one of my personal favorites; Backbone Double IPA. I think they've experimented with a Saison as well but I don't know how widely that's distributed.

Crazy Carabao (crazycarabao.com) They do a few core beers including a Kolsch and a wheat beer. Their Tuff Tuko Pale Ale is very good and Exit Wounds IPA is excellent.

There are many more local breweries you can check out. Joes Brew, Nipa Brewing, Crows Craft Brewing and Distilling, Palaweno Beer (woman-owned), Pedro Brewcrafters, Craftpoint Brewing, and one of the first (certainly one of the most inventive): Fat Pauly's in Illigan City. Paul is almost on a different plane of consciousness with what he produces, IMHO. This is not a complete list, BTW. There are many more that I don't have experience with or that are new to the brew.

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Whilst I don't like it a few of my Friends enjoy  beer nego.png

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Craft beer has exploded here in the Philippines

Agreed.  I sat down for supper one day and ordered a Pilsen.  Then I looked up on the menu board and saw about a dozen different beers with names I am not familiar with.  They were all priced at about 200 pesos per beer.  SH*T I said to myself,  I just ordered a beer in the wrong darn place.  That'll teach me to look at the menu first.  Luckily, when the bill came, it was only about 50 peso for a Pilsen.

I cannot be sure (memory and age ya know) but I think that was in Chili Bar in Moalboal.